Extended Idle Time Storage?

I am about to enter a period of 2-3 months where I will not be able to use Millie. I know this has been posted before but I have searched many terms and can't find it.

My Millie is Blissed and has the hydraulic lift system.

Question is simple...What do I need to do to store it? Unplug I assume...cover it with a quilt/sheet or??? I should add the Millie lives in a heated garage.

Anything else?

Thanks

Dave

Maybe do a mini-spa treatment. Clean everything thoroughly. Take off the left side cover and wipe out any oil standing at the bottom. Oil the rocker arm--look in your manual for the location. Take off the needle plate, wipe everything you can reach.and blow out with compressed air. Replace the needle plate. Remove the bobbin case and put in a plastic bag to protect it. Wipe down the rails, clean your wheels, and lastly oil the bobbin area. Run a bit to disperse the oil. If you can take the head off the rails for storage, that will keep your wheels happy. Old-style wheels used to get flat spots if they sat on the rails for a long time. Cover the whole frame if you can. And unplug everything--head, power advance, and lifts.

When you're ready to quilt again, oil everything again and warm up. Three months isn't that long to have it sit idle. It should still purr when you get back to stitching.

My Liberty has sat for at leastt a year before and all I did was cover her.  When I woke her up I did a cleaning and oiling and she started purring.  She's in my sewing room with year round 70 degree temp and I petted her every now and then.

Archived