I upgraded my 5 year old Millie with the new white one, Bliss, Glide and I am in love!  It moves like a dream, and the stitch quality even better than it was before.  I just did my first panto since the change, and I notice an occasional, not regular, single beep, and I don't know what that is.  Also, I can't get the bobbin sensor to work.  I hadn't paid attention before because I was on the free motion side.  Is it because I'm using Superior Rainbows (slippery) thread in the needle?  I wrapped it once, twice, three and four times around the upper thread sensor.  Appreciate any insights, thank you so much.

Bobbie

Bobbie,

make sure that the thread break detector switch is actually turned on--you'll see a red LED inside the top cover, on the thread path side. THat must be on for both the thread break detector and the low bobbin indicator to work. You're also right--the wheel must turn in the direction of the arrow in order for the machine to think the thread is NOT broken. If that wheel stops spinning, then the machine will signal you that the thread HAS broken.

Since the thread break detector and low bobbin indicator work in tandem, you must have the thread break sensor turned on. If you do, and the wheel is spinning when you sew but your bobbin level isn't dropping as expected, read through the instructions one more time about how to set the "full" level for different threads. Let me know if you have questions!

Archived