Quilting Prices

I am new to the "on line chat" room for quilting. But so far I have learned some pretty neat things. I am just wondering what is the average price for a queen size quilt to have it quilted. say 80 X 100. Just wanting to make sure that I am keeping up with the times in my pricing. Any info on what you charge or how you charge would be appericated! Thanks!:)

That's a complicated question, since there are so many ways to quilt it. My suggestion is to do what I did....go to some quilt shows and quilt shops in your area and pick up any brochures you can find of other LA'ers, then you can see what the going rates are in your neighbourhood and kind of average out a price for your own.

Hello HighlandQuiltGirl,

I think that pricing is mostly regional. What folks pay in San Diego may be quite different to what folks pay in Kansas City or Colorado. Some quilters charge by the hour, some charge by the inch and some charge by the yard.

When I started, I timed myself to see how long it took to do several jobs and then I set my pricing based on square inches. Sometimes my customers get a fair price and sometimes they get a good deal. ;) I just started my biz in Sep so I want room to grow. My prices will go up as I get better.

So in San Diego I would charge:

Overall meander/stipple: (80 * 100) * .013 = $104

Panto: (80 * 100) * .016 = $128

Custom: (80 * 100) *.20 (to start) = $200.

These prices do not include batting, thread charge or tax.

Archived