jmcclannan

Midwest quilters going to AQS

Hi, friends! I'm just wondering who is going to the Des Moines show in October. I am intending to go on the 3rd and/or 4th. I want to try out the Quiltpath and Intelliquilter!!!! It seems like whatever you own is what you love :) so after reading comments on the forum, I realize I have to give them both a try. I can't wait.

I am going to be there almost continuously! I am a member of the Des Moines Quilters Guild. I am helping hang quilts for AQS on Monday.

I am making signs right now for a display in the Des Moines part called Quilts That Make My Heart Sing. One tiny quilt was made by a friend of mine when she was 3 years old! Another is a cuddle quilt made by friends for another of my friends that went through chemo treatments. The display is very heart warming from the stories I am printing.

Then I am taking classes Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.....I also white glove the AQS show 1 day and the Des Moines show 1 day so I can do my duty to the guild while I see all the quilts!

Then I go home and collapse for a day or two! It is quilting fun and friends time!

Jennifer Bernard

My quilted jackets are on a competition journey around the country

gathering pretty ribbons (sometimes)!

Quilting with my Millennium and playing with my Quiltazoid!

Jennifer...I applaud you....I helped hang quilts at the MN Quilter's show a few years back...it was fun but exhausting!  Sure was fun though to see all the quilts.  Glad we had some younger more agile volunteers too as the ladder work was a bit much for an elderly folk like me!  But there are so many jobs needing to be done to do a show that I will most likely volunteer next year too.  Who knows, I may win one of the "volunteer" prizes!  Lin

I helped hang the Minnesota show 1 summer when I was learning about how to put on quilt shows. I am actually a MQ member from Iowa....no Iowa jokes now! My sister lives in Minneapolis so I go see her and go to the show. I like doing the challenge jackets. It is a really good show.

Jennifer Bernard

My quilted jackets are on a competition journey around the country

gathering pretty ribbons (sometimes)!

Quilting with my Millennium and playing with my Quiltazoid!

Julie Cheryl is right, I don't remember seeing the iq there either.  They are not listed on the vendor list, however that does not mean that another vendor won't have one.  They may be at MQS.

Hope to run into you there. In Iowa that is :D 

78CACD67EA60F2E3255ABE22C039A732.png

Happy Quilting

Roxanne

Millie

Front Porch Quilting

fax:308-754-4409

stitchinangels2@yahoo.com

They were there 2 years ago cuz I spent a lot of time with them and almost pulled the trigger. I may have to settle for just trying Quiltpath if IQ isn't there. It will be fun either way. Looking forward to all the vendors and eye candy!