Just checking in

Hi, I just wanted to take a minute to let everybody know I am fine. Just really busy.  I try to read the forums a couple times a week, but haven't spent more than a few minutes at a time.  I have been working 50-60 hours a week since school started 3 weeks ago.    Whoever said teachers go in at 8 and get off at 3 was full of you know what.   I haven't  had any time for quilting, none at all.  I haven't even made my new ddresses that I bought patterns and fabric for.  : (

On a plus note- Brandon, Tiffany, and the girls drove up Friday and visited for this weekend.  They just left this morning.  They are doing really well in Dallas now.  They might be buying the house they have been renting. The girls like school and they are making friends.  Tiffany will start on her bachelor's degree next month. 

Hugs to everybody. I will stay in touch.

Hey, girl!  I know exactly what you mean about teaching school!  I have now been retired for 11 years and I still dream about "that class" or "those new testing requirements" or "that pitiful child who needs so much!"  It just never stops!  And nothing I just said has one thing to do with actually classroom teaching or management!  I think before school starts all parents of school kids need to take a week of classes explaining what we expect and how to actually help their child at home.  You will get a special blessing in heaven for touching so many lives with positive ideals and mental challenges.  I was blessed to teach but was glad when my time was done.  Then you can use your same skills to work in your Sunday School or Church. Blessings.

We knew a teacher out in Napa, Ca that would take about 3 weeks to plan out his classes for a third of the school year.  He said it gave

him several weeks without a lot of "after class time"  prepping for that time.  He said it is intense, but well worth it in the long run.

I am not a school teacher, but I liked the idea.

Rita

• 3 weeks later...

Rita, I like that idea also, but for us that is impossible. We are required to follow a curriculum map and every week, for two hours after school all the 8th grade language arts teachers, math teachers, etc.  have to get together to write the lesson plans, daily tests and weekly test for the upcoming week.  Then I end up spending all day Sunday actually translating all that into workable assignments with modifications and accomodations for my 60 + students. 

I did actually load a quilt last night and plugged in the machine today for the first time in a few months.  I spent about 10 minutes getting the tension set right (red in bobbin, baby pink on top)  and stitched about a two foot square, then it was back to school work.  I hope to get home each night this week and work on that quilt for about 30-40 minutes each night.  It is a simple quilt for my customer, but I need to get it done.

Thanks for all the hugs and well wishes.  I miss you all.   Fall break is October 6-10.  I will be more in touch during that week.

Archived