Christmas TMB now finished

Oma

I get to move another quilt from the "to do" stack over to the "finished" stack.  I love the fabrics in this one.  Each one had gold metallic running through it as did the back fabric.  I love bling!  The quilt is way more luxurious in person.  I used CL Ribbons board.  Can I say I love these boards a few more times?  I used a shiny gold thread on top and black on the bottom.  It was Hobbs batting. Now I am off to try to put another one on the frame.  When I'm on a roll...I like to roll...lol.

I could have done the back without the strip, but it's become a favorite of mine.  I used the same fabric for the binding.  I really liked the angels.  I managed to buy the fabric when Beverly's had it on "Deal of the Day" so it cost $2.97 per yard.  Pretty good savings there I'd say.  I bought 10 yards of it so I have leftovers.  It is really nice fabric.

post-4696-0-49322500-1410468044_thumb.jpg

post-4696-0-60462000-1410468057_thumb.jpg

post-4696-0-31568500-1410468072_thumb.jpg

Does it still count Rita if it's taken me two and a half years to do it?   lol.  One year I had all my Christmas cards done early (like October).  I put them in the trunk of the car with some Christmas presents with the intentions of mailing them after Thanksgiving.  The following Feb. my husband found them.  He asked if I was going to just save them for the next Christmas.  I said "Absolutely not!  I"m going to mail them".  He replied they would be really late to which I replied "No...they'll be very early".  Nothing like getting a jump on Christmas.  

Archived