Madison started her first quilt

Huge success getting some time on the sewing machine!  I've been trying to get to this since MQX, when I bought Madison her first jelly roll.  Finally we had a little while to get started.  Seems we're always busy with other things when I get her for just a night.  Anyway she had so much fun and was so proud of herself.  I laugh when I see how hard she was concentrating.  She did a fantastic start and she is a natural!  Can't wait to spend more time sewing with her.  

post-2404-0-33586900-1410744241_thumb.jpg

post-2404-0-20720400-1410744244_thumb.jpg

post-2404-0-08660500-1410744247_thumb.jpg

post-2404-0-79609500-1410744249_thumb.jpg

How fun for both of you.  Now, did you say you will need to stay at her home some with the new arrangements?  If so, do you have a small sewing machine you can take with you?  Then you both have a chance to keep working on this one and more with all your trips to her house.  Enjoy.  (Just think what she can tell the judge that her aunt does with and for her when under your care.)  I know you will enjoy spending the time with her.

What a precious little girl :) Her quilt is going to be beautiful and just think of the precious memories she will have. My little grandson wanted a digger quilt when he was 4 years old, so I made him one and he would play with his cars in front of my embroidery machine while we stitched out his diggers. He is eight now and he still remembers helping make his digger quilt. These little ones are such a gift from God to our families :). I'm sure this is just the begining of some beautiful quilts you two will make.

Archived