A couple of recent finishes. Red and white, and a masculine one.

Here's a link to my Flickr photos. The first is a huge red and white (love love love two color quilts!) destined for a bed. Look at the great border print! Sorry, no good photo of the whole thing. It dragged on the floor from my 9 foot ceiling. I think it finished at 120". It has six huge similar blocks with floating squares in the vast white background. I did a medium McTav design in the background with CCs for the blocks. Scroll right for another view. So Fine and Bottomline thread with 100% cotton batting.

Next up (keep arrowing right) is a several-years-old quilt from a class. It's always a challenge when the customer is not in love with the quilt after they finish it. I think a lots of class quilts and mystery quilts end up in the UFO pile because the spark just isn't there, whether from fabric choices or just being tired of looking at it for so long! My customer used a bear-themed batik on the back so girly quilting was out. Running leaves in the borders, scrolls and CCs in the piecing and a leaf motif in the modified bear-paws.

Thanks for looking!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/larech/15088301179/

Archived