Sign in to follow this  
ffq-lar

No more "day job" for Linda!

I sit here with my coffee on the first day of my retirement from my day job. The feeling is wonderful!

My calendar for the next few months is full of fun---a trip to Disneyland with my sister, guild volunteering, Moxies at my house, the local Arts Walk, the list goes on. On the business side, for the first time in six months I will be caught up on my monthly quilt quota. I try for 6 quilts a month and I've been one quilt behind every month for a while!  I'm busier than ever and need to get better organized--as usual--so I can pencil in some piecing and retreats!

I was treated to a tear-producing farewell at work. They called former co-workers who I haven't seen for years to come to a get together after my last shift. The people are what I will miss the most!

My job provided me with good pay, great benefits, nice people to work with, and allowed me to have the $$ and time to following a modest dream. For that I'll always be thankful. But I'm glad to move on.

Let the fun begin!! :D

Linda Rech

Finely Finished Quilts

Millennium on Bliss rails--hand-guided

http://www.topperquilttools.com

Linda,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You will have so much fun!  Although you will go through some withdrawal, remember we are here for you!  Have fun!!!!

Blissful Quilting until next time…

Judith Washburn

BlissQuilter.com

APQS Dealer

Sealy, Texas

832-724-6335

Complete Longarm Quilting Studio

Millennium Blissed with IntelliQuilter

Lucey Blissed with Quilt Path

Woo hoo!! What will you do with all that extra time, Linda? Just kidding. ...

314B4A28F5D2B9A393862864B500E102.png
Barbara Mayfield
APQS Sales Representative & Educator
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~Henry van Dyke

APQS Northwest

1085 12th Ave. NW, Suite D2

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

CONGRATULATIONS Linda !    Everyone we know who is retired say they are busier now than they were when working their full time jobs...........but busier doing FUN things you WANT to do and not things you HAVE to do.   Enjoy every minute !   As Martha Stewart would say.............."It's a good thing".......... :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Linda B.       :rolleyes: 

Oh Linda!  Congratulations!  There's nothing like having every day be Friday at 5:00!  Of course, there are those crazy people who retire and then go back to work three years later (me).  Hopefully, you won't have to do that.  I'm building enough cushion now that should I run out of employment (it's actually fun with no responsibilities and I found I actually missed people), I won't need to go back to work.  It also helps that my machine is finally fixed, so I can quilt for a living again!

Enjoy it all.  The world's your oyster!

Gee, it is here! RETIREMENT!!!!!!!  IT SEEMS JUST LIKE YESTERDAY YOU WERE TELLING ME YOU WERE REALLY GOING TO DO IT!  WHERE DID THE TIME GO., MISS LINDA?

WELL IT IS VERY SUNNY HERE AFTER A DAY OF ABOUT 3 INCHES RAIN YESTERDAY. I'M A LITTLE FRIGHTEN TO GO OUTSIDE AND HAPPY DANCE. THE SKY MIGHT THINK IT IS A RAIN DANCE. SO I'M GOING DANCE ALL OVER THE HOUSE AND CHEER FOR YOU. SURE WISH I COULD BE AT THAT MOXIE MEETING.

TELL DEN YOU TAKE YOU SOMEWHERE SPECIAL AND MAKE COFFEE FOR YOU VERY MORNING LIKE BOBBY DOES ME. 

ENJOY VERY MINUTE OF YOUR RETIREMENT AND REMEMBER TO WRITE IN PEN WEEK ENDS AND HOLIDAYS!  LOL

HUGS FROM FLA!!!!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!