Tension Issues

If you see bobbin on the top then you need to tighten the bobbin to pull it down or loosen the top so it is not pulling it up I hope this makes sense

look at the screw on the bobbin like a clock and turn right (clockwise to tighten)   or Righty tighty   and turn left (counter clockwise) to loosen or lefty loosey

take notet where the screw is before you turn it so you knowwhere you started

I change the bobbin first then go to the top tension... I use jamie Whallen technique to set my boobin he has a u-tube on how he does it ...It is a great place to start

Hope this helps

If you are using two very contrasting colors you will likely see the other color in the needle holes...this does NOT mean your tension is off.  You can tweak your tensions to see if you can get it more to your liking. You might just need to turn the top tension dial a bit towards the front of the machine.  Try a quarter turn...

I am soooo glad you were able to resolve your tension issues - it can be so frustrating!  I am finding what Lucy shared here to be very true and just something to keep in mind.  Sometimes my tension looks atrocious on the frame but things change when you pull it off and sometimes it's tricky to tell what is in the needle hole and what is actually sitting on top of the fabric.  I have ventured into contrasting colors on the top and bottom and decided for me, it's not worth the headache...I worry too much about settling later...so I try to use something that will work on both sides....and even recommend that clients choose a backing that will suit the predominant thread used on the top.  Just my take on it for what it's worth!  ;)

If you are using two very contrasting colors you will likely see the other color in the needle holes...this does NOT mean your tension is off.  You can tweak your tensions to see if you can get it more to your liking. You might just need to turn the top tension dial a bit towards the front of the machine.  Try a quarter turn...

Archived