Not a quilting question but a prayer request

I know that this is a quilting forum, but I also know that there are a bunch of prayer warriors out there as well. My DH and I just found out yesterday that he has a mass on his pancreas. We are going into the hospital today for the Dr's to do a biopsy on it to determin if it is cancer. I just want to ask for prayers from all over this world for him and this is the first place that I thought of to go to. Thank you all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Pat,

I am sorry to hear this, but know that you have many friends that are thinking about you & Bill!:D

Please keep us posted, you may E-mail me privately or call anytime!

Guest Linda S

Aw Pat -- you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, it will be a benign mass or something that has been caught soon enough for a full recover. God bless you both.

Linda

Thank you all so very much. The biopsy went well and we are again home after a full afternoon at the hospital. We hope to have word by tomorrow and if not then it won't be until Monday. We are believing for a good report. Both Bill and I are being filled with His strength through all of the prayers - thank you all again. I will keep you posted.

Add my prayers to this growing circle, Pat. May He give you both His peace through this journey. As I read down through these I began to see one of my very favorite block patterns in all the messages: the Album block with the circular pattern and two flowers on either side or flowers around..... We are your circle, Pat, and you and Bill are in the middle. Your circle will be as continuous as the one on the quilt block. You will never be alone in this as long as we are here.

I'm praying for the best outcome and peace for you both.

I am praying for you both. I am praying that our Father God, who is the ultimate healer, will make his presence known. That He will give the doctors the wisdom to tackle what ever is ahead for your husband. As difficult as the days can be, don't live by your situation~live by what you know~that God is good all the time. He loves you both and has you in this season for a purpose. We don't always understand why God puts us in these conditions, and that's ok. It's ok to look to Heaven and ask "why?" We only see a small piece of the puzzle at any given time, but He sees the entire puzzle that is our lives. Just trust Him. Just know that He loves you and so do all of your quilting friends-even if we haven't met yet (but maybe someday we will).

~Kathy~

You and your DH are in my prayers and so are all the medical professionals who will be taking good care of your DH. May God watch over you and hold you both in his hands. You can come to us anytime for prayers or just to have someone to talk to. God bless. Janet

Hello everyone...this is from PattyJo's DH, Bill. I always thought DH meant "designated hitter", you know, that baseball position....oh, well, never too old to learn.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and kind words of encouragement. It is a great comfort to us both. Someday we may be able to tell of all the provision He has given us...the precise scripture at the precise time...incredible...and so strenghtening.

May the Lord bless and keep you all. "DH" Bill

Hello - this is Pat this time. We just got the call from the Dr and it is Pancreatic Cancer. We go to see the Oncologist on Tues to find out what the next step is. This story is interesting to be sure but in the midst of all of this, we were in the process of moving to a new home and were to sign papers next week. Well, this has caused us to determine that we will not be signing those papers. We have already sold our home and are actually renting back our home from the new owner. We need to be out of here by 4-10-07. We aren't sure where we will be moving to and I would appreciate prayer so that we can find a place and one big enough for Millie so that I can continue to generate some $$ for us while we go through this process. Thank you all again for your prayers and encouragement. May the Lord bless you as I know He will bless us through this path.

Dearest Bill & Pat,

We are all here for you, I am so sorry to hear this news.:(

But please know that we are more than a group of LA quilters, we are your friends & we are here for you!

I know all things in life happen for a purpose & reason, just today my Mom told me her cancer is back.

I want to cry, but I know that we have to be strong for friends & family, so many emotions to deal with, got to get some perspective. Sorry to expose my soft under belly, but I hope that you will feel free to share with us if you need.

Bill if ever there was a Dear Husband, it is YOU!

Be strong & lean on others when you need to, we love you guys!:)

Archived