help jumping bobbin

My experience is only with the L bobbin.  I have, however, had issues with certain bobbins...usually because they are not wound smoothly.  Could you provide a little more information: about the bobbin thread you're using & how the bobbin was wound?  Hoping a George owner with an M bobbin will weigh in and help here.

Nancy in Tucson

i wound the bobbin twice…loosened the tension when winding and wound more slowly…when i tug on the bobbin thread it feels like it spin fine and then catches and then spins again…something is causing it to hang up and slow that bobbin spin down…tried a bobbin genie, put the check spring back in, oiled the bobbin race…oiled the back of the bobbin…when i try to drop test the bobbin it will not drop even when the tension screw is backed right off

Have you checked to see if your bobbin case or bobbin is damaged and is no longer round? Watch the bobbin when it spins inside the case. First, try a totally different bobbin. If that's doesn't do the trick, you might want to try a different bobbin case. I like to keep a couple of extra bobbin cases on hand.

Another thought, it is possible the bobbin could be wound a little too full.

Or perhaps you could have a bit of lint in the bobbin caser causing problems.

Archived