Does Anyone out there Design Quilt Patterns?

rineps

Hi Friends,

I wanted to make my husband an Ohio State Quilt and I am struggling finding a pattern to follow.  I have attached a picture of something on the web that I liked.

Let me know if any of you can do this or direct me where I might find someone who can. 

Thanks and Happy Quilting

Patrice

xoxo

post-6121-0-70235600-1412717436_thumb.png

That's a great pattern. :)

It seems to be built of just squares and half-square triangles. If you draw it on graph paper and use colored pencils to make it simpler to figure out, you can count how many of each unit you'll need and what colors to use. Once you have the lay-out managed and the number of units you need, yardage is simple to figure. There are many sites that can figure the yardage for you. This one looks scrappy but tonal. The reds are a close match with a bit more contrast in the grays. 

If your finished unit is 3" square, the inner section would measure 36" by 45". Looks like a finished 1 1/2" black border and an 8" or 9" red outer border. With those parameters, it will finish at about 56" by 64". Nice size for a snuggle quilt or a bigger wallhanging.  Making the units smaller would make a nice wallhanging for the man cave or office.

The applique can be hand-drawn for fusing or needle-turn. The makers striped binding is lovely with this pattern.

Someone with a design program (which I don't have) could have this pattern set up including yardage in a short time. Maybe someone will volunteer?

Archived