Do you name your machine?

I named my Freedom Emmeline, which was my great-aunt's name, just because I like the sound of it.  If we'd had another girl, I wanted to name her Emmeline, but since we didn't, I named my machine that instead.  Emmy for short, naturally!

My baby is Frannie Ann. Fran for my mom that taught me so much and my friend Ann who had the quilting bug bite me!  Had to add the "nie" to Fran beacuse she is a Millie!!!!

Mom probably would not like that if she knew.  Well I guess she  does as she watches over me from above!!!!

I know these things sometimes seem silly, but it was the fashion when I got my Liberty.  While I was so excited to get her, after a few issues with thread changes, tension, etc., I became a little intimidated and really didn't want to quilt anymore.  A friend, Judy Laquidara, convinced me to set an alarm and make myself go upstairs and quilt for at least an hour each evening.  I began to have so much fun I was up there till the wee hours.  I decided to name her Eowyn - the warrior princess who killed the witch king - because she is strong and invincible.  When I got my IQ, I named him Aragorn, because I've always believed that's how the pairing should have gone.  ;)

Wow, all these interesting stories and I still have no earthly clue what (if anything) I should name my machine.  My mom and grandmother were quilters, so it I named it after them it would be Evelyn Chloe, but that doesn't sound like a good name for my machine.  My BIL's nickname for me was Lulu.  My fiancé calls me Lora Lulu. ???   Still a quandary.

Archived