Diagonal lines -- and a couple of pantos for sale

I have a panto that the majority of the lines are diagonal lines, about 5 or 6 inches long. Now, I'm pretty good at pantos but this one I'm not so happy with the way it is turning out. The diagonal lines are KILLING it, not in a good way. Does anyone else have problems with quilting lines diagonally? I may have to break out the ruler on this one. Drat!!!!

EDIT: I meant to say, break out the SEAM RIPPER -- I'm pretty sure I don't want to do this one with a ruler but I did think about it.

EDIT: If anyone wants to buy a few diagonal pantos, I have Basket Case and Honeycomb that I will never use now that I know I can't do diagonals and have them look great to save my life. $5 each plus shipping. But I'm guessing no one wants them now. LOL

I'm not much help--I have Bliss and can easily do diagonals, but probably not freehand if I needed perfect spacing. I'd need a ruler to stay on-angle. Again--not much help, but a pattern board would work better than a panto for those straight lines. In any direction, not just diagonally. ;)

Bonnie,

When I had my Nolting, I did diagonal lines.  I used my panto camera to mark the starts and stops before swing.  Then I worked from the front of the machine.  Do you still have your panto Camera, if so, that is what use is from the front to mark, sew from the front and used the ruler for those areas. 

Good Luck!!

It looks like RNS has the panto design on a pattern board!!! So, guess what I just bought. ;)

If anyone wants to buy a few diagonal pantos, I have Basket Case and Honeycomb that I will never use now that I know I can't do diagonals and have them look great to save my life. $5 each plus shipping. But I'm guessing no one else wants them now. LOL

I got a great set of cross hatch rulers at a quilt show several years ago.  I really like that you can set the angle and lock the rule in place.  They come is a variety of lengths and attach to a base that runs up against the belly bar.  Works great.  They weren't terribly expensive, if I remember correctly.  They were from Quilter's Rule.  Here's a pdf of the system. 

http://www.quiltersrule.com/downloads/crossHatchInstructions.pdf

Archived