Twitter - NQR

Does anyone here Twitter for their quilts or social life? I don't know a thing about it and a new customer wanted to share on Twitter (and give me credit) some pictures of a quilt I quilted for her. I'm trying to figure out what Twitter is and how to "Twitter." LOL Any clue?

Hi again, Bonnie!

https://about.twitter.com/what-is-twitter

I don't tweet. I don't get it! I'm old..... :(

It's a social media connection and you may get some exposure.Let her tweet her quilt since she's excited enough to share. She must have interested friends and all advertisement is good!

Just like Pinterest though, the photo can be RT'd (re-tweeted) and the original maker can be lost in the maze.

Yes, Tami, I feel that way, too!! One of my kids only wants to text me or contact me through Facebook. She was always a bad communicator as a kid and I don't think social media is helping her in the least -- and she's a, get this, kindergarten teacher! We couldn't get her OFF the phone when she was in high school and not we can't get her on it except to text or post on Facebook. It's all so weird.

Linda, thanks for the link. I will read up on Twitter. Lo and behold, I had it wrong, it was Instagram she was wondering if I had an account on. I'm really behind the times, too ...

We ARE Old and Old Fashioned.  We still have regular phones..  we have cell phones, but only use them

when we are out and about.  If they don't like getting our reg. phone with an answering machine, then too

darned bad.  We seldom give out our cell numbers, only to the kids, and one Dr...

Ohh, and they are just cheap track phones! 

Face book I do use now and then, mainly to keep up with our grandkids, if and when they use it.  But, seldom chat etc.  I just play games there.

I figure my life and choices are mine, and I don't want to be tied to a phone all the time.  I can't think when the last time I had my cell phone turned on. 

ROFLMHO,  Can't use the cells here at the house, no signal because of big trees.. we have to go about 15 feet up into the neighbors yard to get a signal.  :)

Instagram is now owned by FaceBook....I don't do it either....or twitter.  I do have a profile and a quilting page on FB linked to my blog.  You are right it all takes too much time....that and I don't do all this on my phone, it's too dang hard to see that tiny screen.  :)  I like my laptop screen and by bifocals.  heh..heh..

Archived