Calling All Holloween Quilts

llquilts, this is going to sound very weird, but it works for me.  Write a post.  Click "Post".  Then click "Edit" to open it again.  Select "Use Full Editor" then look at the bottom left side of post and it should say "attach Files" and under that "Choose Files".  Click on that, locate your picture and double click on it.  Should load it.  Then click on "Submit Modified Post". 

Very important...the picture needs to be resized to a smaller pixel size.  Mine are 640 x 480 pixels for instance.  This is just the easiest way I have found to load one of my pictures because I don't want to use Flickr or other apps.  I like my pictures on my computer in a file so they are easy to find.  Personal preference.  I'm sure others will tell you a different way to do this.

What a fun, well-timed thread, Judith!

The quilt hanging on the wall is my Halloween Fun quilt by Lunch Box Quilts that I did a few years ago. It's machine embroidered (digitized) and took a long time to stitch out on my Bernina 630. I changed thread color for each background fill and it took a lot longer to quilt on the longarm than I thought it would. (I was never so glad to be done with a quilt before this one!!!!)

The second quilt is a client's (my first ever client, but not my first client quilt). It was a quilt from a strip club class at our LQS. The panto is Candy Corn by David Hudson. I'd like the panto better if it were smaller.

post-5206-0-18030800-1414591296_thumb.jpg

post-5206-0-41432500-1414591321_thumb.jpg

post-5206-0-31417000-1414591390_thumb.jpg

post-5206-0-05415600-1414591437_thumb.jpg

All,

Your quilts are soo cute and inspirational.  Halloween is fun and being in Houston, it means cooler weather - Yeah!!! 

Here is the latest Halloween Placemats - Pattern from My Creative Stitches - Christi Dillion.  I did 18 in 3 Hours with the IQ on my 12' Millie.  Just have to bind the now. 

Oma,

Thanks for the pic posting instructions, I am like you sometimes flickr takes too much effort to save and post.  I like to put my name on my finished work. 

post-36456-0-97075400-1414605149_thumb.jpg

Wishing you all a Happy Halloween.

This is a fun post, it is fun to view and be inspired by things that others are doing, thanks for starting this thread.  

Judith, I have seen the design you used in the placemats and it looks great, So glad that you posted the picture.  Now I have to get that design and make placemats, also.

I do not have anything quilted to show but just now finished piecing this table topper for a friend as a Christmas gift.  I am quilting another quilt now so will not get this topper quilted before Halloween but thought I would share.  Machine embroidery designs  from Bird Brain Designs in the corners and put the rest together flying by the seat of my pants.  Will bind with the same print/stripe that runs beside the flying geese.  The triangles around the outside are pieced to look like candy corn.

post-3802-0-97283000-1414607241_thumb.jpg

Archived