Block or Fabric Swap

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lora! I have my fabric here and am thinking of cutting into it tomorrow. If we have 17 people and I were to send two groups of 20, wouldn't we be depending on most of the other people to send in two groups of 20, too? I'm just curious as to how that would work. I've purchased enough for three groups, but I'm thinking if we only have 17, maybe I should send in one group of 20?

My email addy is blhutcherson @ sbcglobal..net (no spaces)

Bonnie, Here's what I was thinking..... excuse me for the long narration, but examples help me explain better. 

Suppose we only had three swappers and swapper 1 submitted 20 strips, swapper 2 submitted 60 strips, and swapper 3 submitted 40 strips.  We still have the same number of fabrics to swap.  In this example swapper 2 would get the swapper 1 and 3 strips, and swapper 2 strips would be split between swapper 1 and 3.  I guess if swapper 3 only submitted 20 strips, swapper 2 would end up with 20 of his/her own strips returned, but the others would get an equal one-for-one swap with different fabric. 

I was also thinking about doing a couple different jelly rolls.  So here's the deal, in order to make sure that everyone gets new strips in return (and doesn't get their own strips back) I'll make up for any differences there are.  Believe me, I have plenty of fabric, so this is not a problem.  Send in as many strip sets as you like and I will make sure you get different strips returned to you. 

Bonbon - sorry to hear you're not going to be able to play this time.  Maybe next time?  Hope all is well.

Lora.

Mamaahma,

Different fabrics. 

When I get the packages in, I'm going to sort them by the number of fabric strips they contain (20, 40, etc.).  Then I will take each stack and swap with others who have sent in the same number of strips.  I may have to play with this a little, but in the end you will receive as many strips as you give. 

I am (quite sadly) not going to make it...had some stuff come up that

will keep me from LQS so will have to drop out. I don't want to slow things down any more...

I'd REALLY like to do this later if there is an opportunity... as a relatively new quilter I need to accumulate some more stash!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived