Quick question.  Does anyone know how to do an IM to multiple recipients?  If not, I'm okay with posting my mailing address on the thread as long as that doesn't violate any forum rules.  

Lora.

Lora in California -  Ultimate I with IntelliStitch and IntelliQuilter.  The Thimble Bee http://www.thimblebee.com

Hi Lora! I have my fabric here and am thinking of cutting into it tomorrow. If we have 17 people and I were to send two groups of 20, wouldn't we be depending on most of the other people to send in two groups of 20, too? I'm just curious as to how that would work. I've purchased enough for three groups, but I'm thinking if we only have 17, maybe I should send in one group of 20?

My email addy is blhutcherson @ sbcglobal..net (no spaces)

Bonnie, Here's what I was thinking..... excuse me for the long narration, but examples help me explain better. 

Suppose we only had three swappers and swapper 1 submitted 20 strips, swapper 2 submitted 60 strips, and swapper 3 submitted 40 strips.  We still have the same number of fabrics to swap.  In this example swapper 2 would get the swapper 1 and 3 strips, and swapper 2 strips would be split between swapper 1 and 3.  I guess if swapper 3 only submitted 20 strips, swapper 2 would end up with 20 of his/her own strips returned, but the others would get an equal one-for-one swap with different fabric. 

I was also thinking about doing a couple different jelly rolls.  So here's the deal, in order to make sure that everyone gets new strips in return (and doesn't get their own strips back) I'll make up for any differences there are.  Believe me, I have plenty of fabric, so this is not a problem.  Send in as many strip sets as you like and I will make sure you get different strips returned to you. 

Bonbon - sorry to hear you're not going to be able to play this time.  Maybe next time?  Hope all is well.

Lora.

Lora.

Lora in California -  Ultimate I with IntelliStitch and IntelliQuilter.  The Thimble Bee http://www.thimblebee.com

For everyone who is participating in this swap, here's my mailing address. 

Lora Morrow

924 Merritt Court

El Cajon, CA 92020

If you have any questions or concerns you can also feel free to give me a call at 619-840-2733.

Happy swapping! 

Lora.

Question:  Since one person's strips will all be going to different people, are all the strips cut out of different fabrics or

the same fabric?  I know I sound like a dunce - I've done swaps before - but for some reason I don't get it!

Leslie

Mamaahma,

Different fabrics. 

When I get the packages in, I'm going to sort them by the number of fabric strips they contain (20, 40, etc.).  Then I will take each stack and swap with others who have sent in the same number of strips.  I may have to play with this a little, but in the end you will receive as many strips as you give. 

Lora.

Lucretia,

If you read back through the thread above, you will find the info on the swap, & where to send the strips. The due date for her to have the strips is Nov. 21. If you still have questions, let us know! :-). Linda

Linda Rhoades

2012 Blissed Lenni

Wrightwood, CA

Looks like our group is dwindleing, but I am receiving fabric bundles in and will be making the swaps and putting the return fabric in the mail next weekend for anyone still interested in participating in the swap.  

:)

Lora.

I am (quite sadly) not going to make it...had some stuff come up that

will keep me from LQS so will have to drop out. I don't want to slow things down any more...

I'd REALLY like to do this later if there is an opportunity... as a relatively new quilter I need to accumulate some more stash!

Dave

2013 Millie

All the fabric returns are boxed up and will be going out this week.  We only ended up with a handful of swappers, but I think everyone should be pleased with their fabric returns.  :I know I had fun looking at them all.  :P

Lora.

I have never been involved in a swap and would love to join in this adventure...

will we get a list of who/where they go?

I vote for strips/ and don't care about a theme...

Count me in....

will you keep this post to the front... sometimes I loss the posts and cant find them... (any ideas on hos to find the post)

Sue

geezer@goldenwest.net

south Dakota

Sue

Sue, I think the swap ended on Nov. 21 and she has mailed all the strips out.  Hang in there because there will be another swap coming along soon I hope.

D92090BC49E8C634FED9A5815EF5ABB3.png

Serendipity: The discovery of something wonderful quite by accident while looking for something quite different.