GEORGE FOR SALE IN SOUTHERN ARIZONA

Mrs.A

Selling my 2006 George sit-down quilting machine.  Unlike the new ones currently offered with a folding table, this machine is mounted in a sturdy wood & laminate cabinet with 4 drawers and two drop leaves.  It has been well maintained and was professionally serviced two years ago.  Because the cabinet is so heavy, this purchase makes sense only for those who can pick up the machine in Tucson, Arizona.  Included in the $5000 price will be interchangeable feet (closed toe, open toe & high profile for ruler work), size L bobbin cases and bobbins, TOWA bobbin tension gauge, printed manual & DVD, and an assortment of needles in different sizes.  I'd be happy to include a few lessons to familiarize you with the machine & get you started.  Please post questions here or email me directly.    Nancy in Tucson

Truth?  I have had a great experience with George.  Using him helped me eliminate much of the shoulder strain I was feeling from quilting on my domestic machine.  I love the simplicity of the machine and the company support has been great too.  Now my quilts are competing at a higher level (just won my first ribbon at Houston) and I want to see what I can do with a stitch regulated machine.  I don't want to switch to a stand up machine so I have purchased a new machine from a different longarm company.  Their stationery machine has a stitch regulator that I'm convinced will work.  Selling dear George to make room for the new kid.  Will keep on visiting the forum…everyone here has been helpful and inspiring.    Nancy in Tucson

The best to you as you keep progressing.  I hope your George finds a good home soon.  I still like mine but there are days that I think having one of his siblings would get me working quicker and better outcome.  Guess I should pay off some bills before I work to hard to get another one!  Thinking of getting rid of mine is hard to consider.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived