What would you like Santa to bring you?

The weather is turning, the decorating is starting and some people have even finished their shopping.  (What's with that, I usually don't even get started until at least the 21st!)

Santa is bringing me EQ7 this year.  Any one know where to get it at a bargain?  The Mac version to really complicate things.

What would you like Santa to bring you?

Oooo ... have fun with the EQ7!  Not sure where any bargains would be on that.

I'd like a bigger quilting room but that's probably out of the question.  I'm fortunate hubby doesn't mind I take up half the upper floor of this old farm house.  Can't complain. :rolleyes:

At this point I'd just like harvest to be done!

A new camera.

My Millie will be returning to the mother ship in January for a check-up so I'm excited to re-do the studio. A gift to myself will be new windows, paint, deep-cleaned carpet, new leaders, rearranging storage, and sorting out stuff to donate. I may be selling some design books and will be culling my old quilting magazines. And I'm thinking of turning the frame around in the room. Wheee--my life is nothing but excitement!!! :D

Gee, I think I have already had my Christmas!!! Got Quilt Path and then Classes with Claudia Pfeil and Sally Terry is coming to my house next week to do a program at my guild meeting. I also got to spend 2 separate weeks with  Vickie O and one with Debbie W.

WHAT ELSE COULD i ASK FOR? HOW ABOUT WORLD PEACE?

Yes, that is it. WORLD PEACE and perfect tension.

Merry Christmas early!!!

I'ld like an apprentice....to help load quilts and crawl under the table to look at the stitches...also to clean the studio....and press the backings.....and stitch the borders and backings.....oh...maybe to my cooking and house cleaning......and organize my fabrics and thread....and get rid of all the knick knack stuff so I have more room for fabric and thread,....anyone want to volunteer!  Tee Hee    Lin

Last year on Christmas day, our oldest daughter surprised me. She was living in Tarsus, Turkey where she was teaching school. Long story shortened.....I has been sick for almost two months with bronchitis and pneumonia, add on some news about your parents. So on Christmas day, while I helping our other daughter out with a baby quilt, the door bell rings. It was our oldest daughter who flew home to suprise me on Christmas. My husband and her boyfriend were in on the suprise, our son changed his work schedule so he could see his sister. Daughter #2 and her husband were also here. Best Christmas ever!

So this year, I don't need any "things", life is great!

I do have an apprentice, a second apprentice, but I really teach her how to piece & quilt, provide fabrics & supplies. She helps me with my garden, organize my fabric room too. I do the cooking, someone is cleaning the house for me. Life is good & I thank the Lord for giving me the desires of my heart.

The 1st apprentice graduated, won a 3rd prize ribbon on her quilt in a juried show.

Sewingpup, what you're wishing for is a "wife".  I've wanted one of those for years.  LOL!

Oma, that's exactly what I thought when I read that, too!  And I have also wanted a wife for over 20 years, but I guess it's one spouse to a customer, and I already have a great husband. :)

For those getting Bliss............will someone come and install everything here at my home?   Even though I live a few hours away from Carroll, Iowa, we are not able to manhandle the machine to get it shipped or delivered up there.   Thinking if they came to install Bliss I would have them go over the machine at the same time.   ;)

I'ld like an apprentice....to help load quilts and crawl under the table to look at the stitches...also to clean the studio....and press the backings.....and stitch the borders and backings.....oh...maybe to my cooking and house cleaning......and organize my fabrics and thread....and get rid of all the knick knack stuff so I have more room for fabric and thread,....anyone want to volunteer!  Tee Hee    Lin

Sounds like a dream person, Lin! If you find one, see if she has a sister for me!!

For those getting Bliss............will someone come and install everything here at my home?   Even though I live a few hours away from Carroll, Iowa, we are not able to manhandle the machine to get it shipped or delivered up there.   Thinking if they came to install Bliss I would have them go over the machine at the same time.   ;)

That's a plan for sure! You'd have to make sure the person who installs the Bliss is also trained in handling the innards of your machine!  Another thought might be---since they have to take off the head to replace the rails, how about you have them bring a box for the head and take it back to Iowa with them to be checked out? Be sure to make an appointment and OK it with the service staff, but that could work.  B)

Oh yes........definitely would have a certified APQS installer take care of this.    Maybe giving more serious though after the first of the year.   I don't quilt near the number of hours that a lot of  you do and my machine is running well, but maybe a quick look wouldn't hurt if they are here anyway.    :)

My wish for this Christmas is for my son to move back home which might seem silly but he is only 18. Other than that I feel bless to have a very supporting husband and a daughter who knows what she wants out of life and is working hard in college to get it. I have been getting more and more customers in my business so really other than my son coming home the only thing I could ask for would be to get enough customers that I could quit my "real" job and do my quilting profession that I love full time.

Mary

Archived