I am interested in using my front laser light for echoing wavy lines to keep them consistent. I am not sure I can achieve that with it on top of the machine. Has anyone attached the light off to the side of the machine head or behind the needle to do this? If so, what is the best way to do this so it doesn't fall off or to minimize vibration of the light.

Thanks ahead for any pros, cons or ideas before I attempt to try.....

Angie

Dear Angie:

I would encourage you to put aside the laser all together, and stitch freehand any echo lines.  Set your stitch length at 12, turn off the stitch regulator, and develop the echoing skill without reliance on the laser.  With practice your echo lines will be stunning complements to your motif or element.  Be consistent, not necessarily perfect, and you will create the illusion of perfection in your final product.

Charlotte

Thanks Charlotte....but this is for big echoing waves across the entire quilt which I have done before without the laser. I was interested in using the laser to have the distance between each wave more consistent. 

When I echo motifs...I do freehand ;)

I ended up finally finding online a right angle post clamp to use both laser posts at a 90 degree angle. Here's hoping it works!

Angie

Ahh- I understand the problem.  I had a similar quilt with 'echoes' and I use the term loosely, at 4.5 inches from the central lotus motif.  I ended up using an old fashioned circle maker - pencil and string from the center of the motif - as far as the work area would allow, and then I measured and chalked each echo.  It was a huge job, but a stunning look.  I'll use your method next time. 

Archived