Santa Wall Hanging - Swirls and Holly Leaves :)

Morning sickness is finally easing and I'm getting down to business!  Just a few more quilts before I'm done for the year...that is kind of motivating!  LOL

This is client Monica's quilt...a Santa to go with the Witch she sent me!   ;)

15587474179_fb48d07841.jpgDSCN6104 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

15587475309_15dab98325.jpgDSCN6100 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

15774868402_a9909f5691.jpgDSCN6099 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

15587472359_ce028d3c96.jpg10426739_886641864682401_2529196835004253786_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

15773298785_a9f5d17aca.jpg1981776_886415568038364_1913722254970266702_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

Thank you Oma!

Janice - well, "she HAS time to quilt" is debatable!  LOL  If you saw my laundry pile you might not agree!  LOL  :)  I make time to quilt...I stay home with my kids so it keeps me sane!  It also has really allowed me to earn an income while still being home with my kids which has been a HUGE blessing.  :)

Four babies AND she has time to quilt! I'm obviously doing something wrong :)

Many moons ago I pieced and quilted 19 quilts in one year.  I had three kids and a full time job.  I made time to do them because it kept me sane.  I've not done it since...lol.  Now I have no excuse.  The kids are all gone.  All live out of state so no grandbabies to distract me.  I'm retired.  I have all the time in the world and I don't get nearly as much accomplished.  I say it's because I'm older and I have more health issues, but truth be known I think I've gotten a little lazy about it. 

Quilt away my friend and don't feel guilty about the day to day stuff.  Your kids will remember all the pretty things you made and won't think twice about where their clean underwear came from.  You're in a great place in your life...enjoy it! 

Oma - 19 quilts in one year is AMAZING!  I completely understand what you mean - when you have the passion and motivation to do something, it's pretty incredible what you can achieve.  I think you are so right that the kids remember Mom's creative spirit far more than the dishes in the sink or the laundry piled up in the laundry room!  You made me laugh out loud at "where their clean underwear came from"...I don't think my kids KNOW where clean underwear come from!  They just think it appears there!  :)  LOL  I so appreciate your words and insight!

mamaahma - Ahh thank you!  I have two May babies so it's great to have one in a new month!!  LOL  :)  I'm actually due right on my Mother's birthday!  

Of course you can use my triangle design!  I am sure I saw something similar somewhere and adapted it to my own taste and style.  Please share what you do so we can all enjoy!!!  ;)

Congratulations!  June is a great time to have a baby - my son is living proof!  As usual, I love your quilting.  May I have permission to use your little triangle design on one of my customer's quilts?

Hahaha - yes!  Well, I QUILT to keep my sanity - I stay home because financially it makes sense...and while I totally understand wanting or needing to work outside the home, I am SO glad that I get to be here with my kiddos.  It's not for everyone, but the security my kids have knowing I'm here at anytime for them really means the world to me.  Plus, I like them. :)  I like to be around them a lot.  :)  

Okay, I must be missing something......you stay home with your kids to KEEP your sanity??!!??!!    :wacko:   Now I'm really impressed!  -- time to quilt beautifully and be a stay at home mom to three kids with a fourth on the way.  You're my hero!  :wub:

Archived