wanting Lenni table- UPDATE

This has been addressed before, but I thought I'd give it another shot. 

If anybody has upgraded to Bliss and their table is in excellent shape I would like to purchase the long rails from you.  OR if APQS has any that are leftover from somebody's Bliss upgrade.

I don't have a terrible huge amount of money to spend, but this seems to be the only thing that will make my machine manageable. 

Teresa:  I think you should take a hard look at your wheels before you invest in a new table.  Buy yourself a set of Edgeriders first.  Even if it's not your wheels, the new set will be a great addition to a new table.  For $170 you can at least eliminate bad wheels from the equation, and you just might solve the problem.  Either way it's a good investment.  Please send me photos of your current wheels and table tracks. I might see something you're missing. There was a world of difference in how both of my machines preformed when the stock wheels were replaced with after market sets.  Jim

We know the table has damage. It has big dents in it from being moved from Iowa to here in the back of a pickup truck.  After I finish this quilt i plan to take all the wheels off and clean them really well and see if they have any bad spots on them.  They are the M and M wheels, I found out.   I can't get edgeriders for the Lenni. I have asked several sellers and sent an email to Edgerider, with no answer. 

Are you sure they're M&M?  I didn't think that APQS made M&M's for anything but their horizontal system.  Either way, please send me photos.  I've had quite a bit of experience studying Longarm wheel systems.  I'm afraid that just looking at the wheel for damage won't tell you if they're bad.  Neither my Ult2 nor my Gammill Clasic showed evidence of wheel damage, but replacing them made all the difference in the world. (it was part worn wheels, but mostly inferior design and construction)  I might have an Edgrider wheel solution for you, but I need to see what your tracks look like.  Jim

• 1 month later...

My husband is so smart.  He thought about it a while and then said,"they are L shaped aren't they?"  "Yes," I replied.  "So why can't we just flip them and drill new holes for the bolts?"  (See I told you he was smart)

SO, that's what he spent yesterday doing.  It took a very long time to drill 12 holes in that hard steel, but he got it done.  We squared and leveled the table last night.  We have to finish putting it together today.  I also spent a couple hours last night trying to make sure the wheel rode dead center on the rails.  I hope I've got it right.  It does seem to roll better now.  I pushed it from one end of the table to the other and it went about half way before stopping.  That was an empty carriage.  I will let you know it things are better once we get the machine head on and I start quilting.

Archived