Fabric Swap after the first of the year (update guidelines)

Oma

Barbara, I checked on your package again yesterday.  For some stupid reason it was in LA (going to Disneyland perhaps?).  The post office had no excuse for this.  This morning's tracking info shows it's back in Fresno.  Hopefully that means Monday it will be back here and I will correct the error on it and you will have it in a few days.  It seems that your post office put a barcode something or other on it that had my zip code.  Evidently not suppose to do that.  The mail is sorted by machines and not people so the machine reads it and re-routes it back to my post office.  Three times already.  I will try to tackle it like a football and stop all it's gallivanting around and get it where it's supposed to go.  Hang in there. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good grief!   What a crazy trip that package has taken.   You could have driven it to Oregon yourself faster !   haha  I sometimes wonder about our postal system.   I got a notice a while back "your package was delivered"........I hadn't ordered anything and there was no package either............?????  

Yay Barbara!  Your fabric has traveled from Los Angeles to Fresno to Sacramento to Portland over the weekend and now should be headed back down south to you according to the tracking on it.  I always think it's weird when I mail something to my GD in Grants Pass and it has to go to Portland then back down to her.  I think you're actually going to get it this week.  Yay!

Thanks so very much Oma for all your work... got my fabric last week... just had some time in-between quilts to catch up and let you know.....this has been a fun experience will be looking forward to doing it again.... lets challenge everyone to show their projects with all the pretty fabric... OK...

thanks again

Sue

Thanks Sue.  It was pretty amazing how well all of this went.  Everyone got their fabric here before deadline and I had it mailed out before deadline.  No problems with any of the other packages.  Even the Canadian ones were there in just a few days.  Amazing!  I knew this could be a nightmare when I was dealing with 40 people and 400 FQ, but it wasn't at all.  What a great bunch of people we have on here.  Looking forward to another similar swap.  You can do so much with a FQ and it was very easy to cut and mail.  In fact, with one of my fabrics, I went to the quilt store handed her a bolt of fabric and told her I wanted 10 FQs.  She was figuring in her head and said "so you want 2 ½ yds.?".  I said "No, I want ten FQs."  Saved myself time on that one and she even folded it...lol.  

Oma, my package is here and I am sorry I didn't let you know sooner. Life has been upside down.  I love all the fabrics and can hardly wait to find time to get started on the idea in my head. Thank you for doing this and thanks to all of you in my group for the beautiful fabrics you sent.

Hello, Oma...with my deepest apologies for not letting you know sooner that my fabric arrived in great shape -- just as we were leaving for a week.  And when we got back apparently the goblins had been using this computer, so it had to go to the hospital.   All seems to be well now.

I'll try tonight to get onto PayPal to remit postage costs to you. 

Barbara Conquest (Canada) 

P.S. Glad I'm not the Barbara in Oregon -- what confusion!

Hee hee! I'm finishing the cutting today and I'm waist-deep in squares and triangles. I need 400 Asian triangles. Interesting to figure out the math so I get the maximum number of usable triangles from a FQ. This will be a wedding quilt for my son, who marries in June. Luckily it's easy chain piecing and scrappy. Thanks Oma, for this perfectly-timed swap. I'll share pictures of the end result.

B)

Archived