NQR Phone spam

There is a telephone scam going on.. we got one call last night.   I don't know how they manage but if the call is answered,

they find a way to ruin your phone credit as well as other financial dealings.

The KEY to this phone call, says it is coming from YOUR telephone number. 

Watch closely for it.  It's bad enough that our Trouble Shooter on ABC in Raleigh, featured it on their news.

Praying all will watch for this and stay safe.

I wouldn't want your Holidays ruined by these scum bags.  or is it spam bags.

Very odd!  My mother had gotten an envelope last year from a Veteran's group out of OH.  They were wanting donations.  Well when she opened the envelop it had white powder in it that went on her bathrobe and the floor.  She washed everything and put the envelope in a bag.  She called the police the next morning, it was 10:30 at night and she didn't want to deal with it.  The Sheriff came out and took a report but there wasn't enough for them to analyze.  Just the other day one of my co-workers saw 3 police cars at her neighbors house and as it turned out she had gotten the same Veteran's mail as my mother.  The powder got on her hands and it burned for 1 1/2 hours.  No word on if they were able to analyze it but be weary!  Sad that they would attack Veteran donations but clearly it wasn't a one-time deal.

Stupid scammers...........they cheat so many people out of their hard earned money and cause harm...........We got one of those phone calls yesterday and the Caller ID showed our name/number!   We didn't answer it. Actually thought it might be a test to see if our phones were working, as they hadn't worked a couple evenings ago.   Thinking back, we had another call showing our name/number in the ID, but never answered that one either.  We don't answer any number we don't recognize or find suspicious.........if it's important, they will leave a message.........otherwise......forget it.  If these people put half the effort into getting a JOB instead of cheating people, they would be better off..........guess that's too much work for them to actually work for a living......

Yesteday I had Rachel from Card Services, Bridgette from card services, Google Plus wanted to put our business on top of the search list, I won a trip to the Bahamas, Jowy from the online pharmacy, and the IRS all call me.  I think we need to invest in caller ID (I know if hubby were the one here answering the phone all day we'd have it in a second).  I don't like to let it go to the machine because it is also a business number.    So many people around here have given up the land lines because of all the junk calls, but I've even gotten a few on the cell.

Caller ID is worth the extra $ to see who is calling.   I also added Call Rejection to our account earlier this year to stop so many of the political calls and junk.   I had 12 numbers listed to block !   Most of them were recordings so you can't even tell them to take your name off their stupid list.   That National Do Not Call Registry is a joke and doesn't work.  I've received a couple junk calls on my cell phone, too. 

We changed to Uverse (not willingly) for our internet service and when they showed up to make the switch, they told me I could no longer have a landline phone service, that it had to be on Uverse, too. Boy was I upset. We hate it so much! Often times I receive calls from ladies that want quilts quilted and the caller ID reveals the call as anonymous or just doesn't show a number. I really hate not to answer and let it go to the answering machine Working from home some days I'm frazzled by the end of the day from answering all these telemarketing calls. The one time I actually am able to take a nap or rest, the phone rings.

I thought I read somewhere that cell phone numbers were soon to be released to telemarketers. Anyone else hear or see this?

Had two calls this afternoon from California area codes saying something about our computer, Microsoft and sending warnings.............they callers had such broken, accents, they were impossible to understand.   I answered the first one - shouldn't have and DH answered the 2nd one..........also shouldn't have.   We don't know anyone in those area codes !   I suppose they were going to try and sell me "protection" of some sort, get my information and then I am doomed.   

I get that 'windows computer' call once to twice a week.  it drives me crazy.   Enough to actually admit that I am 'becoming my father' .  You know,  bitter, synical, keeping the on the line for awhile to string them along...   Trouble is, I have caller id and the number is from different places all the time.   So frustrating!!

I tried to add the numbers to my Blocked Caller list on my phone and was told the number didn't exist.............so, I am assuming they are using those disposable phones so there is no record, no way to trace them !   I even went to the Reverse Phone Lookup and "no such number"..............so SCAMMERS big time !

I finally told the "Windows Scammers" that I didn't have a Windows computer - just a MAC and they've quit calling me.  Hope it stays that way.

I get the "Windows" team in India(HAHAHAHA) sometimes twice a day. Yesterday when they called I asked him what he was wearing,LOL. He called right back and my husband answered it and we also  said we had a mac. Hope that is our last phone call from them.

Archived