going to need some projects. Suggestions?

I am going to be having spine surgery in January and am not going to be able to use my Millie for about 4 months. I am in need of suggestions for some applique or other hand stitching to keep me busy for the first few months. After that, I should be able to sit at the DSM and do some piecing. I'll just have DH set it up for me on the main level because stairs will likely be an issue. Does anyone have any good patterns or suggestions for patterns that might keep me busy? I'd like to get something started so I can get the prep work done before surgery so all I have to do is the stitching. Wouldn't you know it, I just finished the applique I have been working on for the past year! :)

Thanks for any suggestions.

I thought about Hawaiian. I have always wanted to do one and I actually already have a pattern! I hadn't thought about embroidery. I like that idea too. I'll have to check out the Dear Jane and Elm Creek. I'm not familiar with them. No time to get anything ready to bind, as I am already pretty limited in my abilities. Thanks for the input!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! i ordered a small kit for a wool applique christmas candle mat. Great price too because of sale. I also ordered the pattern and fabric for a very cute M is for Monster baby quilt that I have been wanting to do. You never know when a baby will come along when you work with a bunch of 30 year old women. :) I also dug out my English paper piecing project I started a while back. Grandmother's flower garden in ginghams. I forgot I even had that. I think I can do this without losing my mind. Thanks again for suggestions.

Peggy

Sounds like you found some good projects............at least you can use both hands...........a quilting friend is recovering from shoulder surgery and is in a sling for 6 weeks.........no sewing or quilting for her and she is bored silly already and only in the 2nd week.   She is a longarmer, too.   At least running the longarm later will be good therapy for her shoulder !    She is right handed and it is the right shoulder.    ;)

Oh! Peglu,   Prayers for a successful surgery and fast and good healing, minimum pain, etc. and early release

from the Dr. for several steps of what he can let you do.

Yes, sounds as though you are going to do fine with keeping you busy, and not bored!

Thanks everyone for good thoughts. I have had a multilevel fusion in the past due to a severe scoliosis in the lower back. It was a ridiculous nightmare that landed me in a body cast for 3 months and off work for a year and a half. Well, 20 years later, I have rotated above the fusion and have pressure on the spinal cord and nerves on the right. Thus, I have no feeling in my right leg. My hips and thighs ache, but otherwise no pain. The same surgeon that did my first surgery will be doing this one and he assures me it will be nothing like the first due to advancements in the medical field. He is being extra cautious because he knows my history. I feel better with him doing it because he already knows what he's getting in to. i will keep you posted. Thanks for your thoughts.

Peggy

Archived