Quilting Software Question

Hello Everyone,

I've been on here reading before but now I had a question so I'm offically registered!!! And I don't know if I'm even in the right Forum or not! Sorry!

Anyway my question is...... Is there anyone on here that has had any exsperience with the quilting software available right now? I'm looking at getting one but simply do not know much about them. Anyone had personal exsperience?

A couple that I've been looking at are called Electric Quilt 6 and Quilt Pro 5

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,:)

Stephanie

Simply Fine Quilting

Iowa

I have the EQ5 and it is fabulous. I use it for laying out quilts, trying out fabric combinations before I cut, and seeing what yardages are required for a certain quilt I design. It has a lot of other capabilities that I haven't had time to learn yet. If you do decide to purchase EQ5 or EQ6 you can take classes through Quilt University (online) to master the differenct elements of the program.

I love EQ5 and am planning on upgrading to EQ6 as have been told it is definitely worth the upgrade. I use it for all sorts of things, trying out ideas, just playing to get the creative juices going, making patterns, showing customers some quilting ideas, and just because I want the toy (the program)

I use EQ5 for several things. I use it just to play around with designing quilts. I also use it for my customer quilts who want custom quilting. I will build the quilt in EQ5 with the block pattern, borders, etc. Then I print out several copies in gray and white and use them to draw on and plan out the quilting.

Debbi

This is EXACTLY what I need right now, and would give my right arm for if it weren't already spoken for, LOL! This would have made designing this donation quilt a breeze, I think. Well, I'm aiming to buy one at a machine shop near here that is on sale, but have to wait until Friday as that's payday.

Good luck with your purchase, Stephanie, and we hope to see the wonderful quilts you design on your new program.

Wow sounds like everyone loves it!

Sue you said that you print out the customers quilt as a picture and then draw on it to show them the quilting patterns?

I guess my question would be, is there any program that lets you plan out the quilting on the computer? Without using up paper all the time?

I don't know if that makes any sense at all! And maybe I'm just dreaming of something to come ??!!!!

Thanks for all your help!

Stephanie

I have EQ5 and recently upgraded it to EQ6.

I thought EQ5 was a great program and thought there was no way they could improve on it but they did! EQ6 is so much more than I ever thought a quilt program could offer and the instruction manuel is so easy to use, everything is step by step in easy to understand instruction and offers alot more than EQ5 did/does. With EQ5 I was always thinking this program could be better if they would add this, or why can't you do that...with EQ6 they must have read my mind because everything I wanted the previous program to do they put it into the newer version! Great investment and alot of fun to use.

Joann

Hi Stephanie,

I had a version of Quilt Pro years ago, but after purchasing EQ 3 or 4 (can't even remember now, it was so long ago!) I did not use QP again. I now have upgraded from EQ5 to EQ6, just installed in on a new laptop. Their tech support is amazing (for those rare times you need it). I just started to work with the program last night, and have to agree with the others who have responded - it is great. I highly recommend this software.

Joann

I love quilt pro5 more than EQ6! I had EQ6 first and swithched to quilt pro 5 for what ever reason it fits my mind much easier! but I still use EQ.

I think Quilt pro prints better cutting instructions and you can make handouts for teaching. I just love it!

If I had to choose quilt pro would win for me! plus you get free palets and patterns.

Susan........with EQ6 you add your own sewing instruction by using the Set Applique Text tool. To pull apart the block you need to go to the Export Metafile....then use the EQ User Manual for how to pull apart. It gives you step by step instructions. When I taught EQ5 classes, I would have the students practice the step 5 times which makes in easier to remember.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca/Illinois

I am normally very computer saavy, but for some reason EQ does not seem logical to me. I've had a hard time learning it.

I bought ver. 5 and ALL the books and recently upgraded to 6, but I don't use it much because I can't seem to figure it all out. I would love to feel comfotable with it.

I think I need to check out the lessons on Quilt Univ.

Archived