NQR need prayers for my niece Madison

Please keep my niece Madison in your prayers.  Just found out she is being admitted to pediatric ICU.  Her blood sugar is 350!  You all have always prayed for this little girl and she needs you all now.  I'm staying put as I know they will only allow mommy and daddy in. You mother didn't go to the other hospital but says she will meet them at the hospital they are transferring her to.  It is going to be so difficult for me not to go.  I'll wait until the morning unless mommy leaves then I'll go down and stay with her.  I know she is going to a very good hospital but right now that isn't helping.  

I am so sorry, Heidi. This poor baby has really been through it in her short life. I know they will take vary good care of her. She will be so happy to see you, and your love and the excellent medical care she will receive will pull her through. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Thanks girls!  I knew I could count on you.  Nothing new yet.  They are probably transporting her very shortly.  If her mother weren't going tonight I'd be there.  Her mother would cause a scene and Madison just doesn't need that right now.  Her daddy is with her and he will keep me up to date.  I'll probably head down in the am.  Hopefully by then we'll know more.  Right now all I can do is pray and sit tight.  Her father just send me a picture of her in the bed with the IV's and she is smiling but it broke my heart.  Thanks for the prayers.

Praying for Madison. Seems like this little girl just can't get a break. I feel for you, Heidi, on just having to sit tight until her mother leaves. I'm sure Madison would be thrilled to see you and it would most defintely lift her spirits! Hang in there! Hugs to you.

Thanks everybody!  It means a lot to me that Madison has all you angels praying for her.  She is being transported now.  She should actually just be getting to the hospital.  It is about an hour drive from the hospital she was at.  This hospital's pediatric ICU has a wonderful reputation so I know she is in good hands but it is still hard to sit and wait.  Hopefully her mother will give her the comfort she needs.  I sent her messages through daddy.  

Finally just got an update.  She is doing well and they are working on lowering her blood sugar.  She had severe ketoacidosis but they say she is responding well to treatment.  I'm going to head down.  Her mother came and left!  She said she would come back today so BIL could leave for a while.  Really?  I have to focus on Madison I'm going to head down and see what I can do.  I know BIL is stuck there because he has no car so I'll probably have to drive him to his house.  Keep my girl in your prayers.  BIL said she doesn't want to be touched at all, not even her hand held.  :(   Pray for her to respond quickly to treatment.  

Thanks everybody! I'm just getting home.  Madison is a very strong girl. It is definitely Type 1 diabetes and we spent the day learning how to check her sugar and give her insulin. Mom, dad and me were in a room for about 3 hours and we all lived. Her mother only stayed until 3:30 or so and didn't show up until 10:45 this morning.  Her mother was ready to take her home today but the dietitian stopped that when Madison didn't react well to her mommy and daddy doing the testing and shots. Nobody really talked to Madison a lot about the testing, it was more lessons to her caregivers.  I think she would have handled it better if they talked to her more first.  She was fine when the nurses did the shots and sticks so I think she was just afraid her parents wouldn't know how to do it. Daddy went home to get a shower and some Christmas stuff taken care of and I was with her for about 6 hours. I did 2 shots and she said I did them really well and she didn't feel it. She liked that I counted. I told her she could tell mommy and daddy that too if she wanted. She is learning how to count carbs and understanding what this is. There is a lot of math involved and it is a whole lot to absorb. She'll have to have her sugar checked at least 5 times a day and have insulin before every meal and snack plus a longer lasting insulin once a day. She will head home with mommy first and then daddy.  They promised to keep me up to date.  I told them we all have to work together to keep her stable and get her sugar on track. Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for the prayers.

Archived