NQR need prayers for my niece Madison

Oh my gosh, I was thinking it was diabetes. My cousin had it since she was 9 and never accepted that she had to live differently and payed for that in later life. I pray Madison is mature enough to realize and accept this new lifestyle. Prayers for her parents and for you as you sound like the most stable person in Madisons life, no disrespect to her parents meant, as you watch and do what you can. God bless you all and you for being 1 of Madisons angels. Hope you can and will all have a Merry Christmas, especially Madison.

Merry Christmas Heidi.

It's so telling that you were ready to step in and step up during the stressful holidays. It's interesting as well that both parents put aside issues to learn about care and that you were there as well without a blow-up.

Just a sad thought---Madison already gets so little attention from her mom. I imagine this health crisis is only another burden for her. It could go a couple of ways. Mom could get a wake-up call and be diligent with care and testing. Or unfortunately she could be neglectful, to the detriment of Madison. Any slip-up in care can be troublesome. Your son may get custody because mom just can't deal with it....What a sad thought, but perhaps a good outcome for Madison. Hoping for the best outcome for a sweet girl. Bless you, my friend.

I'm praying for the best outcome for Madison!!! Sometimes blessings come in an odd disguise. Since we already know type I diabetes is not a blessing, let's hope it turns out that at the very least mom learns that Madison needs special care that she can't or won't handle and lets someone else take on the difficult care of Madison's health.

Madison went home today!  I know she is happy to be out of the hospital but she still isn't back to herself.  She went with mom.  Praying her mom stays consistent with her care.  It is a lot to deal with and keeping up on her sugar will be key to her being a healthy child.  All I can do is pray God keeps her safe and her mother really changes and her parents can finally get past all the other stuff and be co-parents!  I have to remind myself daily that I can only do so much.  It is hard to sit back and watch but there isn't much more I can do.  Right now her mother seems to be open to communication so I hope it stays that way.  It will be essential that all of Madison's caregivers can talk and compare things so that if something is brewing we can put the pieces together before it goes south.  Madison is a very strong little girl and I'm sure she will take this head on.  Continued prayers are much appreciated.

Sorry to hear about Madison being diagnosed with Type 1. I have lost track of her age. Poor child, seems like her life remains in a state of chaos. I hope they will get her on an insulin pump as soon as possible. Pumps are easy to use and very effective. God bless her and the rest of the family. It will be a big change for everyone. She is one lucky little girl to have you in her life. Prayers winging their way to everyone involved. I hope everyone (mom) puts Madison's needs above the fray!

Archived