I am looking at getting Quilt Path and have a few questions... Does anyone know what the usual lead time is for delivery now? Is it pretty easy to install or will I need to have someone come out to do it? Is there a PDF that shows all of its features? Do you store the design files you've gotten on a computer and use it on the tablet with a thumb drive?  I've seen some talk about no-sew area issues...is there a feature that allows you to block out a part of the pattern so it won't sew it out? If there's anything you think would be good for me to know before purchasing, please share!!

Thanks in advance!

Kristen

You will get a really good feel for Quilt Path and how it works by watching Angela Huffman's YouTube videos.  I got my QP in October and I really do like it.  You can design your own "no sew" zones but it is difficult and I have been told that an update including that is being worked on.  I download digital designs on my regular computer and transfer them to a thumb drive to load them on the QP tablet. Then I have them stored in two places just in case.

My husband installed my QP. It took a few hours probably because he is very meticulous but the instructions were very clear which helped.  

I installed mine by myself, took a couple of hours. Love it, I do custom as well as edge to edge. Their is a work around for the no see area, but that feature is coming. I purchase all my designs from a different computer and transfer designs via USB stick. I don't use my tablet for anything but quilt path. I really do like my system and it was well worth the money. I liked the fact that the machine manufacturer supported both the machine and computer system. There are numerous videos on Quilt Path. But if you need more information, feel free to contact me.

Shirley

I am looking at getting Quilt Path and have a few questions... Does anyone know what the usual lead time is for delivery now? Is it pretty easy to install or will I need to have someone come out to do it? Is there a PDF that shows all of its features? Do you store the design files you've gotten on a computer and use it on the tablet with a thumb drive?  I've seen some talk about no-sew area issues...is there a feature that allows you to block out a part of the pattern so it won't sew it out? If there's anything you think would be good for me to know before purchasing, please share!!

Thanks in advance!

Kristen

Hi Kristen!

Unless something has happened it the last couple weeks, they are able to ship quickly now.  I have had them ship in under a month.  To be able to give you an answer to how long it take to install, it would be good to know what year and model machine you have and whether or not you have bliss.    But you are looking at a couple hours to install.   I think it took me around an hour to install on my 2008 that did not have Bliss.   Adding Bliss actually took me longer  then the original Quilt Path install.  It is something that you can install yourself.  

I store my purchased designs on my laptop, which is backed up to a networked drive.  Then move them to the tablet.  I actually just leave them on the tablet, but I have not bought very many.  Probably less then 100 in 18 months.  I also design a lot of what I use myself and that is stored on my laptop too.  That way I have multiple backups. 

Angela Huffman's video's on the APQS Youtube channel are very good.   I also write about Quilt Path on my blog.  www.ThreadWaggle.com  Several APQS reps, including myself, are teaching classes on Quilt Path, as is Dawn Cavanaugh.   

If I can answer any questions, feel free to call or email me.  919-576-9897  Angela@ThreadWaggle.com