Sign in to follow this  
DebLou

saddle stool

I got a saddle stool for Christmas. My problem is that it won't roll on my carpet. The carpet is rather thick. I bought a vinyl linoleum, but since it's on the carpet it still won't roll.

Does anyone have a solution to my problem? Thanks.

Mary Lou

6D8AB630F9629BF56C2AF47237064B05.png

Quilted Treasures

Millennium

A girlfriend of mine had the same problem a few years ago with the chair and mat from Gammill. They had carpet in the basement that was a thick shag. Her husband mounted the mat onto 1/2" plywood, it worked great.

Sharon Dimberg

APQS Dealer, Quilt Design, Piecing, Long Arm Quilting

quirkyquilting@comcast.net

Quirky Quilting by Sharon

APQS Millennium

Sew Batik Associate #1049

I had the same problem with my rolling chair...........DH had a piece of 1/2" thick plywood that we put down. It's about 8' long and 3' wide.    Works fine ! The only problem is I sometimes catch my toe on the edge of the plywood, so I have to watch what I am doing.   I may invest in a hard mat one of these days, but for now, this works.    My carpet is Berber, but still was hard to roll across.  

Linda B.       :rolleyes: 

Thank you all for your suggestions. I emailed the company I bought the chair from and am waiting for a reply. I like the suggestion of mounting a mat to the plywood also. I wonder if this vinyl linoleum will work on the plywood or if I need to get a different type of mat. I have bad knees so I want the chair to roll easily.

Thanks again!

6D8AB630F9629BF56C2AF47237064B05.png

Quilted Treasures

Millennium