Problem with motorized Quilt Top Roller

I'm having some issues with the motorized quilt top roller.  I have a 2005 Millie.  When you advance the quilt using the motor it no longer "locks" that roller in place when you stop.  The quilt just moves down off the roller and doesn't stay in place.  I'm assuming this is a minor adjustment like tightening something but I'm not sure what.  If anyone has had this issue, could you please share the fix.  Just to be clear - this is the motorized roller only.  The manual lock on the first roller works just fine.

TIA....Mercedes

Mercedes, check that your Power Fabric Advance motor is still "locked" into the cogs on your Take-up roller.  There is either an L-shaped handle or a knob underneath the motor, to snug it down on the angle bracket on which it is mounted.  If that comes loose, the motor, over time, tends to slide away from the roller, disengaging those sprockets.  It's an easy fix!  You could also check that the allen screw that snugs the sprocket down onto the Take-up roller hasn't worked its way loose.

Mercedes, check that your Power Fabric Advance motor is still "locked" into the cogs on your Take-up roller.  There is either an L-shaped handle or a knob underneath the motor, to snug it down on the angle bracket on which it is mounted.  If that comes loose, the motor, over time, tends to slide away from the roller, disengaging those sprockets.  It's an easy fix!  You could also check that the allen screw that snugs the sprocket down onto the Take-up roller hasn't worked its way loose.

It wasn't the L-shaped handle - it was the allen screw that snugs the sprocket down onto the take-up lever - it was loose and after I tighter it - all works well!   Thankyou for this easy fix!   I'm back in business!

Archived