NQR...took a day off to have fun

Drove up to Yosemite yesterday...very enjoyable.  Wanted to see the two climbers scaling El Capitan since the end of December.  You have to look closely because they are a long ways up there.  In the first pic they are just to the right of the shadowed ledge.  In the second pic you see how far up they actually are.  Look to the right of the pic closer to the tree and about two thirds of the way up.  Deer were everywhere, but this one strolled right past me and stopped to graze for a very long time so I figured he was waiting for me to take a pic of him.  Then while I was taking pics of the climbers I had a coyote come within ten feet of me and just sort of hung around so I took a pic of him too.  In the last pic you see the back of my granddaughter with a view of El Capitan on the left and Half Dome straight ahead.  I must have cropped out Bridal Veil Falls which would have been just to the right.  It was a beautiful day.  I think I needed the peacefulness of it all.

We also went to the famous Ahwahnee Lodge and had lunch.  Beautiful place, but be warned that a chili dog costs $18...lol.  We couldn't drive up higher where we normally go to take beautiful pics of the valley due to snow road closure.  I had a chicken Waldorf Croissant and Clam Chowder soup...very good.

Hey!  The Washington Post covered the two climbers yesterday.

I had to show the article to hubby and told him that "one of my quilters" had posted a photo of the two climbers that looked like tiny gnats climbing up the wall. He thought I meant you'd posted the link, but I explained that you'd been there and it was your very own photo of the climbers.  

To put it in perspective, they're climbing nearly half a mile...880 yards, almost nine football fields.  

Cool!  Thank you for sharing the pic. 

S

Archived