I'm so excited..............

My BLISS upgrade is going to be installed today !!!!    I also ordered the new interchangeable hopping foot / kit and overhead lighting.  Josh from APQS was great in answering all my questions in    e-mails and very prompt in getting back to me.   Mother Nature is cooperating with the weather, too.   COLD, but no bad roads between Carroll/Des Moines and Oskaloosa.   Can't wait until tomorrow when it is all done and I can have the whole day to play!

Imagine there will be a little bit of a learning curve again getting used to the movement.   I have a practice sandwich loaded and ready to go.    :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  

Those guys are so fast...........just over 90 minutes and they were done.   I have played around with it some on a practice piece.   I am getting a quilt ready to load tomorrow.  Mark retimed the machine after installing the new hopping foot, adjusted the #8 screw and made sure everyhting was tip top shape..........I have to get some bulbs for my lights, but will do that next time I go to town.  Two light canisters are backordered, but APQS will mail them to me and Josh showed us now to put them in.   No problem.  I'm sure I will LOVE it.  

umm...I got Lucey with bliss so really don't have anything to compare to other then the little short arm I had....but I am think it might be like the first time you drive a car with power steering as compared to one of those old ones without it....I remember the first time I drove a car with power steering...I kept over steering it...I was a bit wobbly!  Lin

I'm just wondering, when they install bliss you get new table rails and plexiglass - do you also get a new carriage for the machine?  Thanks.

Yes........new carriage, too !    Today we are installing the old rails/table on the crossbars under the machine for a shelf.   What else do you do with 14' rails???  haha   APQS doesn't take them back when they install the new ones.  

Congratulations Linda!

My friend Chris Vander Veer just opened a quilt shop in Oskaloosa! Puppy Love Quilting.... She is an APQS Millie owner and I think that she will be having some longarm classes as well in her shop...

Small world !!!    I haven't been to her shop yet, but do plan to get there soon.   A friend said she went and it was very nice.   We all hope it goes well for her.  I'll look forward to visiting with her.   :)  :)  :)  :)

Today DH and I installed my old table/rails on the crossbars of the table legs.  It was a pretty easy job except for having to get down on the floor.   Getting down is OK, it's the getting back up that is tricky !   ;) My legs and hips are telling me about it tonight.   Then I got all my stuff put back that I had to move out of the way for the guys to work.   All that done, I loaded a quilt and started on it !   I am really going to like the Bliss.  Moves so easy.   I stitched a "starter" line across my batting/back to line up my quilt top.   I set the channel lock and just moved the machine across with one finger.  The new shelf now holds quilt tops in waiting, some packaged batting and other things.  Not sure who had the idea first, but it was a good one !   I'll get light bulbs for my lights tomorrow.   Two of the can lights are on backorder, but will be mailed to me when they come in.   

Archived