Quilting ideas for twister

I've only quilted one Twister. I used a pantograph by Beany Girl called Spring Garland. The quilt top fabric was from a Riley Blake collection in medium and light pastels. (I used bamboo batting and minky on the back). I donated it to a school fund raising auction. One of my customers bought it. LOL!

Leslie

Thank you I have 2 to do so will try swirls in one and the panto on second. My friends are all into the twisters so intrested in ideas they are doing the bunny, heart tree. I did the tree with no imagination used piano keys on boarder and in ditch for twist was boring sigh.

I can warn you how not to quilt it!  My friend & neighbour looked after my cat for about 6 weeks last winter while I was staying with my daughter who was going through a difficult pregnancy and overseeing her mother-in-law's palliative care.  Remember it was the year of the polar vortex and as I live along the shore of Lake Erie (Canadian side &, the lake winds drove the snow and buried some homes as high as the second story!  She had to dig her way to the door.  Quilting her king size "tiny dancer" (a 6 bladed wind mill) like the picture on the pattern is my pay back.  There are 5 arcs of stitching/ blade, everyone(blade) needing a start & a stop.  I have learned that I must really analyse  anything requiring ruler work before agree to do it.  I'm guessing that the original must have been done computerized. I just have 3 more rows of blades to go & the borders.  

Why do I always have to learn the hard way?

I have 2 twister quilts waiting to be done and they will NOT have arcs in the blades!

Archived