38.5" of thread left

Started the customer quilt, thought that I'd have enough thread left on the cone to finish it.  Just in case, I put it on the shopping list with a trip planned for Monday.  The more I quilt, the less thread on the cone, amazing how that works!  Down to the last pass of the panto, and I've got empty white cone starting to show.  Oh no!  Not going to have enough!  Thoughts running through of who I can contact locally that might have this color.  Bekah, where your ears burning?  Fabric Depot doesn't carry Lava, it will take too long to order from Superior.

I finish the last pass, and only need to run a row of stitching along the bottom to keep it from turning under when she sews the binding on.  Just in case, I tied on another cone of Lava.  It's not going to show if I need it, but at least that way I've got it finished.  Hey.  What's this color of thread still in the wrapping?  If it's #247, Colorburst, I'm going to spit.  Sure enough.  That's what I've got!  All that fretting for no reason!  Oh well.  Then to find out that I had 38.5" left.  I measured!  Talk about an answer to one's prayers!  Moral of the story?  Check your thread supply and make sure that you've got enough of the color you need before starting.  Also, go shopping!

Oh boy, I feel your anxiety, Beth!!

I can hear you thinking, "If only I hadn't pulled so much thread when I was doing all the stops and starts!! I could have saved 30 inches!"

Glad you had enough :)

Be sure to save those 38.5 inches.

You never know if you will need them another time. :P

Glad it worked out for you Beth!  Been there, done that.  Usually not so lucky though.

It's kind of like mowing the lawn.  You know you're about out of gas, but just maybe I'll get done so I don't have to run to the shed for gas.  Nope.   :P

Archived