Circle Lord

JudyL

My Circle Lord is awesome and I am very excited over the Clam & Zig Zag templates that I have recently purchased as well. The templates sit at the back of the machine (choice of king or queen size) and you follow the design with a stylus, which fits into the the groove of the template and you follow the path. 100% accuracy every time.

My clients love the clams and the zig zag, which has over 20 different designs. I have also ordered the new baptist fan design and can't wait for it to arrive. It will allow me to do an entire quilt in the Baptist Fan design with a continuous line of stitching. (except when my bobbin needs changing.) The templates are expensive but really cut down on the time it takes to do a custom quilt. Judy L. started this topic with pictures of some Circle Lord designs but I had no idea how this tool would help my business. I am able to charge more and they take less time. And the circles, spirals, and cross-hatching have really helped me come up with some custom designs and border designs have become very easy.

No, I don't get a kickback from Circle Lord but thought I'd share the good news. Check it out at www.loriclesquilting.com. It's awesome!

Enjoy!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

Thanks Jean! I'm really looking forward to this package arrival. I had a great time with Michael and Kay. I took the Circle Lord class from Linda Mae Diny and, since I was the first one in the room, I got the job of running the slide show on the computer. It was really fun. Linda was quilting, Michael was running the video camera, and I would switch the computer from video to slides. I got to learn a lot just by being up close and personal with it all. I can't wait to start making designs!

Linda

Linda,

I second everything Jean wrote and more!! I love my Circle Lord and customer service is beyond fantastic!! I am drooling over getting the baptist fan and zigzag templates!! I have the large clamshell template and love it!! I am still a semi-novice quilter as just quilting for myself, but with these templates, I would consider quilting for hire for a few of my quilting friends. They have asked me several times in the past and I didn't really have the time or courage to take a chance on one their quilts at this early stage. They mostly all want overall patterns so with these templates, I don't see how I could go amok and they would quilt up fast. I am hoping to get caught up on some other unexpected expenses and then these are the first on my purchase list.

Have a blast when it comes!!!!

Nancy

Duluth, MN

Guest Linda S

I'm hoping it will get here by next weekend. I have two quilts to do this weekend (actually three, but one can wait till next week), then I hope finish the third and have time to play when it arrives! I'm going to make some applique blocks and crosshatch them and take them to the LQS. I think that will bring in the customers right away. Also, after MQX my freehand is so much better, I feel like I can do anything! Well, almost anything. ;)

Linda

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Linda S

Well, in case you missed my note on the chat about anything, my Circle Lord is here! You are all correct, this is one super cool tool. I am having so much fun. This should help to bring the quilts in for sure. I'm spending the rest of the afternoon making samplers for the LQS!!

Linda

We all learn from our mistakes so I'll share one of mine. I ordered the queen size Giant Clam and Baptist Fan templates because I only have a 12' table and I don't do king size quilts. Well, I got a quilt in yesterday that is 102' x 102' and the client fell in love with the Baptist Fan. She was more than willing to pay custom rates for the quilting but my template is only 93" wide. Then she asked about the clams, but again, only 93" wide. We finally settled on the ZigZag template, which I did order king size because I didn't know that a queen size version existed. I didn't have the heart to charge her the custom fee so I told her I would do it for my regular overall rate to ease her disappointment.

Today I ordered both king size extenders for my templates so that I will be able to do larger quilts in the future. So, if any of you are thinking about getting these templates it's cheaper to get the king size in the beginning than it is to order the extenders later. Another lesson learned for me!

The good news is that the ZigZag has some awesome designs and I know my client is going to love the quilt when it's finished. I am really hooked on these templates and the Spiral and Aztec designs. And my clients are very happy these days.

Enjoy!

www.loriclesquilting.com is the site for Circle Lord. I don't have one but they sure can do some awesome things with them - at least from the pics I've seen.

Let me know if you get one and how you like it.

Ema - Ultimate I

Ema, thanks for the information on the web site. I found one by going www. Circle Lord. It looks as if that is the location where they are made. I have had my quilting machine since January of this year. At present I am on Jury Duty for two months. So have not had a lot of time to practice. I did go back to Des Moines and take the two days of classes from Dawn. The classes were a great help and I am anxious to get back to the machine. I like the looks of the Circle Lord. It looks as if it will be easier than the Hartley fence. If I get one, I will let you know. Once again, thanks for your assistance.

I got my Circle Lord last night and set it up myself after the family went to bed... WOW! It's Awesome! Only a few problems.

I noticed that my king Baptist Fan template was not routered evenly on all three pieces of plastic. One 4 foot section is routered lower than the other two by about 3/8" and the edge sticks out below the other two pieces on the table. The images line up perfect (the artwork) so it will make fans fine. It's just that its a nuisance to try to line up against the table's straight edge to get the design straight.

Does anyone else out there have one of their big templates that is not square on the side that should ride straight against the table? If so, how do you line it up evenly?

The 18" crosshatch, King Clam, Spiral, Diagonals, are great! The Aztec did not yet arrive but if it's the same quality as the others, I am sure I will be happy.

The actual Circle Lord is made much stronger and durable than the other circle makers I have seen. The templates are not flimsy at all, each is about 3/8 inch thick, solid, light weight PVC plastic.

The instructions are also very thorough with lots of pictures. The Aztec Codex book and Quartet books are excellent references! Overall I give this product an A!

I am ordering the rest of the templates, they are just awesome!

They make my work so fast and easy! and most importantly BEAUTIFUL!

Your quilting is so awesome that you don't need any tools but you will love the templates. I have the Giant Clams, the ZigZag and the Baptist Fan now and they are all fabulous. What I like best is the ease of using them. No math, no figuring out rows, just start quilting. My clients are thrilled and the quilts are taking me less time. They will never replace your wonderful feathers and custom work but they certainly make life a little easier.

BTW, it was your post in December that finally got me to order the Circle Lord in the first place. Thank you for sharing those first few pictures, they really helped me decide and now I'm loving it.

• 1 year later...

I recently got the 13 " crosshatch...love it!!! I bought the smaller one since I have a Liberty, so only have about 12" of workspace.

I had a quilt lately that I did crosshatching on the border...the border was wide, about 10". I was only able to do two lines of CH and then had to move the template...a little slow going. It was worth it, it looked great...but.....I kind of wondered if I had the larger template if it would have been better. I meant to call Michael and ask his opinion, but you know how it goes, the quilt is done and gone and I've forgotten about it!!!

I guess I haven't really answered your question, just brought up a new one!!!

Sandra :)

Thank you Sandra,

I was thinking if I bought the smaller one, then I maybe sorry I didn't get the bigger one.:( How do you like your Circle Lord and what templates do you have or which ones do you like the best? I was thinking of buying one this week. They are pricey so I wanted to make sure I will make good use of what I get. :P

Jean

Love my Circle Lord!!! If you can, get at least one of the giant templates.

I have the Baptist fan and the Clamshells and love them both. They may seem like a lot of money but they do lovely work very easily and very fast so it makes a good hourly rate on a quilt.

There are alot of opinions on the different templates...try searching this subject and you'll see!!!

I really don't think I've heard anyone say that they regret purchasing the Circle Lord.

Sandra

Although I work on a Liberty, after talking it over with Michael of Circle Lord, I purchased the larger Cross Hatch template. When using it in a border I do NOT have to move it so often. I also have the large zig zag template which I use in the borders for cross hatching. I couldn't live with out that template - or any of the other ones for that matter. CIRCLE LORD ROCKS!!

I am in love with Circle Lord too. I have all of the giant templates and most of the smaller ones and I use them all of the time. The spirals (round, oblong and square) are wonderful too. They are easy to use and they cut down on quilting time. In my opinion they were a really good investment for my business.

Happy Quilting,

Rhe'

Fear not, I have a solution to that!

Drop me a line when you get a moment!;)

Linda

Originally posted by RheLovesToSew

I just wanna know why we in Arkansas have to go so far to buy a longarm or even to go and view one. We don't even have classes here. we had some classes here last month but it never posted where the classes were.

thanks.....rhe' :(

Archived