First Circlelord Quilt Completed

This is the first time I have used Circlelord boards and I'm happy with the results.  This is the Seattle Seahawks Quilt (football) that I made for my son.  I promised him it would be finished by Sunday's game and it is.  I even added a sleeve on the back for hanging and signed it. It's the "Go Hawks" Quilt.  

post-4016-0-71370600-1421537716_thumb.jpg

Nice quilt.  Aren't the CircleLord long boards fun and easy?  I love mine

Once I talked with Michael on how to use these boards, I was amazed how easy it was.  I also have the swirls board which I want to try on another charity quilt.  

The only thing I have to worry about is that I want to be able to do custom freehand quilting so I can't get too used to the boards or I'll never get good at freehand quilting.  I'm starting my next charity quilt and am planning on doing freehand feathers - forcing myself not to use a board.  I love quilting!

Once I talked with Michael on how to use these boards, I was amazed how easy it was.  I also have the swirls board which I want to try on another charity quilt.  

The only thing I have to worry about is that I want to be able to do custom freehand quilting so I can't get too used to the boards or I'll never get good at freehand quilting.  I'm starting my next charity quilt and am planning on doing freehand feathers - forcing myself not to use a board.  I love quilting!

Great Idea; I practice new designs on charity quilts when I have time. If I'm pressed for time tho I use my CL boards for a fast and perfect finish! Enjoy practicing all your skills!

Mercedes,

When I first got my Millie, I didn't want to do pantographs for the same reason, I wanted to do custom/freehand work. However, I've since changed my mind. I have found that using the pantographs has actually helped with the freehand stuff. I can follow the pantograph design and not worry about where I'm going next. As a result, my shapes have gotten better, my curves smoother, and my overall control has improved. So don't be afraid of using the boards, in the long run, your muscles are still learning the shapes and the movements necessary to do freehand work. It's all good! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived