Invisible thread for quilting

I just recently used the Superior Monopoly thread for the first time and loved it.  I wound the bobbin with a half turn less tension in my turbo winder and piece of batting in the top thread guide.  When I threaded the machine I used one less hole on the last tension guide and a thread net.  It sewed out beautifully with no thread breakage.   I'm a newbie so for this to work right from the get go was pretty cool. 

I do use Superior's monopoly for appliqué but truthfully invisible thread is not my favorite for quilting (though lots of folks swear by it).  I like to use Invisifil which is a 100 wt. polyester that to me is quite forgiving.  So long as you use a similar shade to the fabric you're stitching it's nearly invisible.

I should add - Invisifil is also AMAZING for appliqué - turned or otherwise.  Right now I'm appliquéing bias tape down to the front of a quilt, the bias tape is black and I'm using black Invisivil.  I actually think I like it better than Superior's Kimono Silk...the stitches are indeed INVISIBLE.  I will share a photo later today once my phone/camera charges back up!

15732279634_b26a8915e2.jpg10599708_927619560584631_3338344698732415110_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

Unashamed to proclaim my love for Invisivil!  LOL  Here's a photo of the quilt I'm working on - bias tape attached using adhesive and then hand stitched in place.  I used to use silk for this - but since discovering Invisifil it's my favorite.  All the tape on the right side of the strip has been stitched down.  :)  

Archived