Quilt Path nightmares

mcthirl

Hi anyone

I have just created a duck pantograph and it all looks ok until I go to quilt and it stitches out 1/4" high instead of 2.58".  I think that I may have set the ruler incorrectly, how can I undo this?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Maria

Are you doing as a pattern and not a panto? If so check your setting at the top and see if you some reason you put a margin around it. Hope this is and you can FIX it.

Well that isn't id because you said you did a panto. I'm not well versed in Quilt Path and have not had the boot camp yet. Are you using basic to create your panto?

Hi

Yes I have set the stitching boundaries, if you mean the placement area?  I have checked the clamps, that was my first thought.  Thanks for your ideas.  I have re-booted and will try again, hopefully successfully.

Do you get the red area even though you re-set placement and chose centre to mark the quilt and click yes to have you set your area?  I keep getting this, even in simulation mode?  Any ideas?

thanks

Maria

Maria,

If you choose "center" placement mode, then the design will come into QP at a certain, pre-set size, and the "ruler" in Design and Create isn't a perfect tool.  Better to use the "Fit" mode in block, or set up your design in the Panto tool, rather than "Select and Sew."

And the red area probably means that you haven't set your "Safe Zone" enough bigger than your block or quilt top, and your design is exceeding that zone somehow.

Maria,

If you choose "center" placement mode, then the design will come into QP at a certain, pre-set size, and the "ruler" in Design and Create isn't a perfect tool.  Better to use the "Fit" mode in block, or set up your design in the Panto tool, rather than "Select and Sew."

And the red area probably means that you haven't set your "Safe Zone" enough bigger than your block or quilt top, and your design is exceeding that zone somehow.

Hi Barb

It seems to be when I try sticking it out in simulation mode, it lets me get to a certain point then says 'you are out of safe zone, please advance your quilt, so I go through the motions of selecting centre, etc., and it is still in the red. Maybe I'm missing something.

Regards

Maria

Archived