"Eye Spy" Fabric Exchange - Updated - LAST DAY!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barb, I'm beginning to feel "addled"...lol.  I am sending for two slots.  You wanted "matchy-matchy" meaning I will send 100 squares of the same fabric, however, they will be 50 squares in group one and 50 squares in group 2.  Does that sound about right to you?

I don't understand how I will have a "pair" of fabrics if I'm sending 50 of one fabric and 50 of another fabric.  I know this is probably simple and I may be making it hard.  Being in two groups give me two sets of fabric, but unless everyone sends two of the same fabric or two identical fabrics how do you get a "pair"?  I bought enough of the Alpaca fabric to send 100 squares or I can send 50 of the Alpacas and 50 of a different fabric.  Which do I do?

Oma, the way I think it works is there are 50 slots and each slot is a different fabric. For one slot you get back one of each of the 50 different fabrics. For two slots you get back two sets of 50 different blocks.

I'm also doing the state exchange and I picked three states so I'll be sending in 50 squares for each of the three states. In return I will get three sets, each including all 50 states. I may use two sets for one quilt for matching blocks. I plan to give the other set away.

Oma, if you send in 50 pieces of Fabric A and 50 pieces of Fabric B, and Jane Doe sends in 50 pieces each of Fabric C and D, and Mary Smith sends in 50 pieces of Fabric E, etc., etc., and then I shuffle them up, EACH slot (and you have two) should get one each of Fabrics A, B, C, etc., etc., thereby giving you two of each fabric, right?

That just doesn't make sense to me.  If I send 50 pieces of fabric A and 50 pieces of a different fabric for fabric B and Jane Doe does the same...where are you getting two of the same fabrics?  Just tell me what to do and I'll do it.  You want me to send 50 pieces of the Alpaca fabric and 50 pieces of another fabric and all is good?  To my way of thinking you need two of a kind to play concentration or "matchy-matchy" and if I'm sending two different fabrics where is the match coming from?  I'm not understanding this, but I am real good at doing what I'm told sometimes...lol.  So 50 pieces of Alpaca and 50 pieces of another fabric?  I'd rather be playing with your new baby...that I understand....lol. 

What I'm asking is...I will be sending in two packages of fabric (50 pieces each)...should they both be the same fabric or should they each be different fabrics?  Where it has confused me is...if I only send 50 of one fabric and 50 of another fabric and they get sent out to 50 people where does the "matchy-matchy" (2 matching fabric pieces) come from with two different fabrics?  There won't be two of the same fabric.  If I only send 50 Alpacas and 50 of something else there will be 50 people getting one Alpaca and one of something else.

Ok...I see how that works.  If I only sent 50 Alpacas and 50 of a different fabric then Barb would pull out two of the Alpacas for the ones who signed up for two groups so they would have "matchy-matchy" (two of the same) and someone who signed up for only one group may or may not get an Alpaca, but would get a random fabric.  So after all this...I think I'll just send 100 Alpacas...lol.  Thanks Robbin.

Oma,

Think of it as dealing cards. A square from each set of fifty will be dealt to each stack. Each stack will get an alpaca and each stack will get your other fabric. Some people signed up for 2 slots, so they will each get 2 stacks, thus 2 of each of your fabrics. There are not 50 people in the swap, but there are requests for 50 slots. Does that help?

Chris

That's the key to the "matchy-matchy" that you and others want, Oma: there may be 50 slots, but there are only 24 of us participating.  Those that signed up for two slots will get two identical stacks (that match!) of 50 different fabrics.  Send two different fabrics or all Alpacas, whatever works for you, Oma!! ;)

Look how adorable this fabric is.  I think they're Alpacas.  They made me laugh.  Had to buy it.  A child should know what they look like...lol.  I found so many cute ones...couldn't choose so I bought them all.  Too fun today.  Great day with my friends and a great lunch too.

Oma,

Love the alpacas.  Great fun fabric.  I've done just what you did on many occasions - bought everything that was too cute/pretty/fun to pass up with the thought (aka justification/rationalization) that I'll use it some day.  I have done that countless times.  Sometimes I actually even use some of the fabric I buy.  :P

Archived