Quilt Motion vs Quilt Path

I've been researching adding Quilt Motion/Creative Touch to my 15"midarm.  Does anyone know how similar Quilt Motion is to Quilt Path.  I think they both come from the Grace Company.  Quilt Path is made for APQS and I'm thinking it's the same program other than Quilt Motion is more for midarm machines and short arm machines.  It also may not have all the bells and whistles that Quilt Path has.  That's just a guess.  They may be totally different.

David

• 2 weeks later...

They are essentially the same. Quilt path is ported for apqs.Neither have no sew zone that iq and most other computerized programs have. It is supposed to on the roadmap for both but i was not willing to wait for something that either will never be delivered or a long way off. We bought iq for our APQS Millie because of many reasons

No sew means that if I have a block or area I want to do a different design I can mark that area as a no sew zone so it will not get sewn, then I could do an edge to edge or meander, ect. around the area.  I stumbled onto the lack of this feature foolishly think that it is a computer and my imagination is the limit to what it could do. these two programs are the only two I know of that (both from the grace company) can not do this. Compuquilter which has been out of business for about 4+ years has had this feature for probably 8+ years. QP also cannot do 4 sides of a boarder with physically turning the quilt. This feature is actually being coded as I type. The no sew zone is being discussed and I am sure at some point will be added to the feature set of QP. I was very torn about my decision on computer system and, I did not want to spend the extra money on the Intellliquilter but I did not feel I could wait as my emphasis will be on computerized custom quilting. We have bought the IQ for my Millie.  The IQ is a very mature product which QP is not.

Archived