Ruler Storage

This topic has likely been tossed around before...but, what ways have you found to store longarm rulers.  So many different sizes, curves, etc.  Most have a hole in them. but many do not.  I currently have them in some plastic storage drawers, but have been thinking about peg board type system.  Any thoughts, pix, or products?  

I took a cheap and lazy option.  From a thrift shop I purchased two racks designed to hold those little collectible spoons.  I removed the hook from the back, widened the slots with my swiss army knife, sanded them a bit, placed it flat and back down on my thread cabinet, and place the rulers in the slots.   The rulers are accessible, safe, and quite attractive.  I can't figure out the image feature in this forum, but will try to send a photo.   Total cost  $2.00.  

Charlotte

My husband took at 2x6 and scored it in diagonal cuts with the chop saw. I can store 36 rulers in this little space.  I can see every one and read the sizes on all the arc rulers and easily pick out which one I want.  I love this and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Edited to say it is a 2x4 (not a 2x6) by about 41 inches long, the cuts are about an inch deep.

post-62883-0-88239500-1424147938_thumb.jpg

My husband took at 2x6 and scored it in diagonal cuts with the chop saw. I can store 36 rulers in this little space.  I can see every one and read the sizes on all the arc rulers and easily pick out which one I want.  I love this and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Wow, this is a great way to store rulers!  Thanks for the picture.

How far in are the diagonal cuts in the 2 X 6 or is this a 2 x 4?    Thanks!

Himself took a 2 by 10" board and cut slits in it.  It took two passes of the saw blade, but it worked like a top.

We hung it on the wall, didn't take any work space that way.

It is much like the one Ann Wight's hubby made her.  Great work, Ann.

Maybe since this computer was wiped out and rebuilt, maybe I can get it to recognize the camera and picts.

It won't hurt to try.

I will also show the light fixture we have for the sewing, serging and the TV tray ironing board, and yes, my very messy room.

Archived