aktbone

50 States I Spy Fabric Square Swap - WE GOT 50!

Ok folks, if you're still deciding if you want to play, take a look at this site.  Find your state's bird, nickname, fruit, animal, etc.  Novelty fabrics are a lot of fun and its easy to find a way to showcase your favorite state!!

http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/Lists/state_nicknames.html

<p>Vickie Oliver Beachside Quilter APQS Rep SW FL 2013 New Gen Millennium, Quilt Path

239-209-0990. Beachsidequilter.com

BTW - It does not have to be your favorite state.  Just pick a state and learn something knew or interesting about that state.  I now know that the amphibian for Georgia is the frog - who knew!

232E8BCFC7DA6532DF1F766AFC1B76DA.png

Sewmazing Grace

Edge to edge quilting for all of your love quilts!

2011 Millennium - Circle Lord enhanced!

Tonilyn, I see you are down for Mississippi, but I'll be glad to take it if you'd like.

Sorry for delay in getting in on this!

I can also take Alabama, Louisiana, and Florida if needed. 

I am in these states often & can easily get fabrics to represent.

Or if there are other states no one has chosen, I'm ok with that too.Petal

Thanks so much!
Betty Reid

The Quilted Petal

Petal, MS 

Tell you what....to save on confusion, I will take up to any four states that are left at this point.

Tonilyn, you just let me know which ones to take.  With "Google" you can learn anything about anything!!!

Thanks again.

Edited by The Quilted Petal

Betty Reid

The Quilted Petal

Tonilynn,

I've been collecting frog images  for 44 years since my husband started gtiving them to me.  Any chance I could trade you for your Georgia and you take one of the state's left?  That would give me four (4) states. 

Pat S

Those of you that are participating, I will be sending out an email with the directions of what comes next.  If you have any question please ask first.

A few things to remember. (These will be included in the email but thought I would give heads up now.)

50 - 5" squares - all the same fabric per each state you chose.  If you have 2 states, you will need 2 different fabrics with 50 - 5" squares each.

Use only 100% quality cotton novelty fabric - no batiks.  No use of selvages.  (If your squares have selvage, I will return them to you.)

Look for an email with the full list of all participants and further directions.

Thanks in advance for participating.

232E8BCFC7DA6532DF1F766AFC1B76DA.png

Sewmazing Grace

Edge to edge quilting for all of your love quilts!

2011 Millennium - Circle Lord enhanced!

Enjoyed googling four states I've never even visited (CT, DE, MA, NJ) in order to begin my fabric search! 

I am in South MS but I was in Memphis, TN and will be in Mobile, AL & Pensacola, FL next weekend to comb the quilt shops!  (Might help save money by being in the "focused" mode rather than "browse until fabric speaks to me" mode!!!

Betty Reid

The Quilted Petal

I ordered crabs (Maryland) and guitars (Nashville, TN)  from fabric.com.  Unfortunately they sent an email saying there may be a 5-7 day delay because of the ice and snow affecting their staff and warehouse. I hope it arrives in time to get it to Tonilyn.

8259635bf834a637a7febcce54170daf.png Sweet T's Custom Quilting Finley, TN  (731)-445-6411 sweet_t_quilting@yahoo.com

http://sweettsquilting.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/SweetTsQuilting

Don't know if it's the teacher in me or that I love history. Many of us have chosen States we had to research. What do we do with all the information we have learned that could not be represented by our 5" piece of fabric? If you're interested, I think it would be fun to write a paragraph about the State, with the last clue referencing the fabric choice. I can envision this turning into a real fun game with my older grandkids and even adults. Anyone interested in listing a few extra facts?

Heidi Patterson

APQS Blissed Millennium with Quilt Path

APQS Sales Rep - Educator - Authorized Service Rep

Boise, Idaho

208-861-5018 (cell)

Yes Heidi, I would be interested.  I'm going to make adult game quilts out of the squares, one of which will go to my brother who is an avid RVer and one of my daughters who has traveled to many of the states.  I'm going to send the quilts to them  and hold out on the state identification of images for a week or two after they get it or until they say, "I give up - what state is it?"

Pat S