At The Risk of Sounding Dumb - Table/Frame Question

Ok.  I have never shied away from sounding silly in the past...maybe because it happens so frequently that I'm used to the feeling!

After owning my machine for two years and discovering there are all sorts of things I've been doing BACKWARDS forever...I need to ask!  My Husband's Uncle set up my long arm when we brought it home...with little more than a few crummy photographs of how it was put together on my camera.  Now, I have known this for some time but wasn't sure what to do about it - the table is set up backwards!  The measuring tape side is on the INSIDE of the table rather than the outermost edge.  I do mostly custom work from the front of the machine so it hasn't been a huge issue to date - but I am wondering how hard is this to fix?!  Am I talking pulling the whole darn thing apart?  I will be removing my machine head for other reasons in the near future - I thought I'd attempt to fix it while the machine is off.  I didn't put it together so I don't know what I am getting myself into - at 7 months pregnant to boot - I'm going to have to enlist a cranky Husband to fix it for me...with my direction - blind leading the bind!!!

Should I leave it if it gives me no issue?  Or is it easy enough fix?  

It doesn't matter in the least, Valerie!  So leave it.  Absolutely no one will even notice something like that in photos, unless you do a closeup of the table.  New tables don't even have the measuring tape, so if someone asks, tell them you were pretending yours was the new style. ;)

Girl, are you crazy???   You are a superstar at quilting...obviously your machine and table are fine.    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  What are those mama hormones doing to you?   just razzing you...

No seriously...post the photos so we can examine and pick it apart.   Then we will tell you the good or bad news.   :P    I would take a guess to say that it is probably fine, and that you just need to stick a different measuring tape on.

Could it possibly be related to your tension issues from before?? maybe? :blink:   

Hahahaha you make me laugh!!!  :)  LOL!  Thank you!!!  ...and I KNOW that you all will TELL me if I have something set up wrong in photos so that is part of why I was blushing over here on my end!  LOL!  If there has been a way to do something wrong, you can bet, I have probably done it....a few times.  But it hasn't stopped me from moving forward and that's what counts.  

I'm already nervous about pulling the head off my machine but I found the APQS video showing how to do it so I'm feeling more confident now.  I can spill the beans now that the payment has been made and all has gone through...I traded in my Ultimate 1 for a slightly newer Millennium!  I am finally going to have that stitch regulation I have been dreaming about...and THEN some!

I think everyone was right on with my tension issues probably being from the leveler bar.  I was also watching those videos and Amy mentioned the bowing in the leveler bar...I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I did check for bowing (which totally makes sense being that my frame is 16 years old) and it's definitely there.  So I'm going to do as she suggests and put a piece of tape on it and keep it upright so it takes a little pressure off that area.  It may take some trial and error but I'm pretty confident between the help of everyone here and APQS I'll get it under control!  I managed to get through those last two quilts without anymore ripping though and that was great!!!

Girl, are you crazy???   You are a superstar at quilting...obviously your machine and table are fine.    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  What are those mama hormones doing to you?   just razzing you...

No seriously...post the photos so we can examine and pick it apart.   Then we will tell you the good or bad news.   :P    I would take a guess to say that it is probably fine, and that you just need to stick a different measuring tape on.

Could it possibly be related to your tension issues from before?? maybe? :blink:   

Valerie,

Definitely not a dumb question, my measuring tape is on the panto side too and the only thing I use it for is to measure how big quilts are for pricing, which I could not do if I had a quilt loaded and the tape was on the front. (I did not set it up that way on purpose - it just occurred to me sometime down the road). My leveler bar had the same problem, probably from transporting it and I did the same thing with a piece of painter's tape, I heard that it eventually bows back down and it has somewhat.  I have taken the head off my frame several times, to repack grease, send in for a spa treatment and to move.  It isn't hard just a pain as you have to take off the two back bars which takes two people (mine are 14ft) and then the little black stopper on the carriage and it slides right off.  Like anything else on the machines, once you take it apart you realize how easy they are to work on and put back together...that's what I love about these machines...

You will love that stitch regulator!!!  :)

Archived