Press n Seal

I am wondering if any of you have tried the press n seal on your quilts for your free motion work.  I am pretty new, still learning and saw this on a few blogs.  If unfamiliar, you can gently press the PNS on your quilt, draw a design and quilt that, then remove.  I am curious about ease of removal and such.  I love the idea for a border that I want to do.  Thanks

I haven't used the press n seal, but have seen mentioned to use water soluable stabilizer for that.  You can rip off the larger pieces and any small pieces would dissolve with the first washing or spritzing.  I think I will try that method instead for myself.  If you get Joann's coupons you can get the inexpensive narrow on a roll for a better price.

The Press n Seal has been recommended not because it's easy to use, but because it's easy to remove. I don't think I'd try using it for a long border because it would be hard to keep it in place.  You can pin through it but it's fragile. Used for block designs it works well. A border? Maybe if you do it in sections. Remember to use a permanent pen (like a laundry marker) to draw with and let it "cure" for a day so there's no transfer of ink onto the top. Any other marking pen like a Sharpie may transfer when stitched. Don't ask how I know!  :( Test a sample before you commit to a full treatment. Drawing the designs off-quilt and then stitching them will give you double the practice---a good thing!   ;)  

Archived