Millie Mouse's Progress on my Dahlia Quilt

Not that I don't have quilts to work on, but I thought it only right I steal away two days to play with my new long arm on my own quilt!  My goal yesterday and today was to stabilize my dahlia and get a little filling done.  I might keep it on another day or two before I have to do a couple of pantographs on client quilts...but had to play at least a little!  I'm super happy so far!  

16124492874_28fdb9b8d9.jpg11053429_950206291659291_8560081060708153784_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

16720908836_574845d6a4.jpg10686675_950257124987541_3955568962728290031_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

Sorry my name is so stinking huge too - I added it on my phone and it looked tiny until I got on the computer!  :)

That's looking great. I love how you choose patterns to fit the spaces.  That's the one problem I have the most trouble with.  I need to take some classes or buy some books or videos, or something.  I can't wait to see your finished quilt.

How did you add your name to the photo? 

Morning Valerie

Have you thought about taking your practice pieces and saving them and one day when you are bored making a quilt just from the practice samples?

I think it would make a great looking quilt.  You could always send it to me.  LOL.

David

Debbie - boy I would love to keep it on the frame until I finish - but what you're looking at is a snippet of about 24 hours of worth of work.  LOL  I suspect this quilt will be well over 100 hours in quilting alone when finished.  Unfortunately I have quilts coming in and deadlines...and while I can do a lot at 7 months pregnant, trying to finish this one before I get to my client quilts would literally kill me!  LOL  I think I should be able to finish my work for this week by Weds or Thursday though so I'll sneak this back on over the weekend to work some more.  :)

Libby - we would have fun if you lived closer for sure!  :)  Where are you in Pa?  

You should definitely keep it on the frame until you finish it!  Call it professional training class :)

I wish you'd live closer to me and come over to the house and help me with designing!!!!  Hey, you could drive to PA, it can't be that far.

Archived