Question for Millennium Users with the Mushroom Handles

I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong or if there is an issue with the handles on my Millie Mouse.  I cannot set the stitch regulation from the back of the machine.  Is it done the same way as from the front?  The channel locks work from the back handles and also the needle up/down function...which makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong because it doesn't appear to be a wire short or anything...but when I push mode and green on the left handle it doesn't do anything at all.

For now I've been setting the channel locks to keep my needle in place, then setting the s/r from the front, and going to the back to stitch but this is getting old fast.  Trying to get through a panto on a HUGE queen sized quilt and when I have to stop to get the phone or take care of the kiddos the sensitivity of the stitch regulation keeps going when I walk by the machine so I would like to be able to shut it off from the back!  LOL  They sent me a video on how to use my handles and I'll go back through it today but the manual is for the newer Millie's...so it's just a big hassle and time consuming to pull out the video, set it up and go through it to find the information I need.  Hoping one of you might be able to help me faster!   :)  You always do!  

Hi Valerie

As Carol says they should be the same front and rear.  Try unplugging and replugging the connector for that left handle.  Brenda suggested rotating the front handles to face the rear and then you might be able to reach over the rollers and turn it on that way.  Call Amy.

Nigel

Thank you both!  I knew you all would come through!

I tried unplugging the handles and re-plugging them in.  The manual mode works actually it's just the stitch regulation that isn't working from the back.  It sounds like it's trying to do something - but nothing happens.

I will call Amy today.  The 3 year warranty came with this machine - so I would imagine the handles are covered?  I will go and look...

In the mean time Valerie.  Linda reminded us of a trick you can do to pause your machine. Let me try and explain

go to the front and put your stitch regular on as usual then to start stitching you would press the button on right handle and push

the blue button and start stitching when you want to pause just push the right handle button and the blue button ...the stitch regulator is still on but the machine will not move until you push the right button and blue button and you are off and running again. I used this trick yesterday when I was working on the crosshatching on my Angle quilt it worked great for me and I think may help you from the back u ntil you get that fixed. Love looking at you quilting

Thank you Terry - this is exactly how I do it!  :)  Although - for now - I can set the stitch regulation from the front but it won't even let me turn it on with the blue button from the back - so I have to stop and start it all from the front and then go to the back to stitch.  UGH! That's why I've been using the channel locks to hold my place.   THANK goodness for those!  LOL

Thank you so very much though, I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate your help!  At least I can get through this quilt, though a serious pain, but I'll get it done so my client doesn't have to wait.  APQS is a few hours behind me so I'll wait a little longer before I give them a call.

Valerie -  just a very obvious question - but are your handles on correctly?  Do they point towards the bars or towards your belly when you stand behind them?  (they should point towards the bars)  I only ask this because a friend here had a similar problem, and the handles were put on incorrectly - thereby a short in the handles cause the buttons not to work correctly.  

But yes -  they should work as they do in the front!

AH HA!  Andrea I think you have it!  I have them backwards for sure - I'm going to go turn them around.....I will let you know if that does it!

Valerie -  just a very obvious question - but are your handles on correctly?  Do they point towards the bars or towards your belly when you stand behind them?  (they should point towards the bars)  I only ask this because a friend here had a similar problem, and the handles were put on incorrectly - thereby a short in the handles cause the buttons not to work correctly.  

But yes -  they should work as they do in the front!

AHHHHHHHH!  Thank you Andrea!  I love you!  You are awesome!  Yay!!  It works now...ohmagawsh what a relief...I was getting REALLY frustrated.  When in doubt.....I must remember that I'm a dork and probably did it backwards.  LOL!

Thank you all so much!

**Edited to add - once I get a moment I'll hop over to the post and share an update for others who read along or are looking for help...but I lowered the levelar bar by one washer and haven't had any issues with tension since.  NOW - I did it when the new machine came...so I'm not sure how much was due to the frame/leveler bar OR if the tension assembly had just gone in my old Ulti.  Maybe both?  But in any case I did what you recommended and so far issue resolved.  You guys are AWESOME!

Archived