sewhappy

No reason to watch HGTV any longer

Well it's gone - Simply Quilts is no longer on HGTV! I know it has moved to the computer but those of you who know me know the puter is not my favorite thing!! I have no desire to watch a program or even a movie from this or any chair in front of puter!! Give me the couch and a cup of tea and I will watch!! I know they have other programing but I watched it EVERYDAY! Does any one know if it is on DVD? I would buy the older programs also!

Patty

Sewhappy

www.sewhappyquilts.com.

406-582.0914

I haven't seen it on a DVD as yet, but I feel the same way you do.

I am usually up at 6, "Simply Quilts" came on at 6:30 here ...until last Friday.

I can't beleive that these channels no longer have any good quilting shows, as popular as quilting is. :(

Jean

Jeanne

Millennium

Hopefully, The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims will fill in the gap. Hey Patty, you could always get a large monitor or use your TV screen as a monitor connected to your computer and watch it any time of the day. I'm with all of you on why HGTV let this happen. SQ was my daily instructor on quilting. The inspiration was incredible. I signed up and paid money to The Quilt Show so that I could continue seeing shows on quilting. Not sure if by paying money I get to keep recordings or access a library of the shows at any time. Right now it looks like I have only one day to view it, then it is removed. Not a good idea because I like to go back and review. Just last week Cathey and I looked at a SQ program on her Tivo and were able to make the block by stop and starting the show she had saved. Maybe more books will have DVDs in them like Karen McTavish's book.

Vicki

Vicki Bohnhoff

Dancing Stitcher, Anthem, AZ

480-444-9602

dancingstitcher@mac.com

Millennium w/10\' table, Viking Designer SE

The quilt show will have their shows available on DVD eventually (I believe after the shows for season 1 are done being tapped) check out the web site for specific details for when it will be available for purchase.

Then you will be able to watch the shows on your TV just like before.

Joann

Patty,

Do you get the DIY channel....Simply Quilts is still there for at least the time being...its not everyday, not sure of the schedule, but it is late on in the afternoon here on the east coast.

Just a thought....

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

I am going to miss it. Are we that out of touch? I can't imagine what thinking led HGTV to cancel SQ, but I would like to know. I also paid for the Ricky-Alex Quilt Show. I was hoping to be able to save the shows on DVD. I hope you're wrong about that Vicki. I will be very annoyed if I can't save and watch whenever I want.

35BBEE4E298ADDB028F98E00FDA567A9.png

2007 Hand Guided Millennium

Circle Lord

http://picasaweb.google.com/catsquilting

I don't know if any of you are aware of this or not, you may be, but QNN has 24/ 7 quilting programing. Simply Quilts is not there, but they have Fons and Porter, Quilt in a Day, Marti Michell, Quilting from the Heartland, Quilt Central, Linda Taylor and much, much more. It can be found at

quiltersnewsnetwork.com. You can watch it for free, or become a member.

Membership gives you free patterns every month. They are downloaded from the website. I've enjoyed watching it. Although, if you have dial-up internet service it may be difficult to watch.

Jackie

Cathey,

There is a button at the base of the QNN view screen that you can click on to make it full size. The shows are on multiple times, so I can generally catch what I want to see at some point. They had a poll a while back about view on demand, so maybe they'll change to that one of these days.

Jackie

Bonnie-

Glad to hear from you! Are you better slowly but surely? Thanks for the heads up on DIY checked the listings and it is on today! I can always catch the PBS shows but they are often grainy and tend to make me drowsy! LOL

Patty

Sewhappy

www.sewhappyquilts.com.

406-582.0914

Eleanor Burns' Quilt in a Day is on RFD TV on Wednesdays. Followed by the Big Joe Polka Show :) (channel 379 on DirecTV).

Don't forget Fons & Porter on PBS. Can't wait to see what they're doing today. The description says "Rain Forest" (2007) A unique way to cut, stitch and trip a one seam block." Does that make sense to anyone?

35BBEE4E298ADDB028F98E00FDA567A9.png

2007 Hand Guided Millennium

Circle Lord

http://picasaweb.google.com/catsquilting

I learned to quilt watching Alex in the morning while having my coffee and breakfast. I hate the change.

I have thought about exploring how to get programs from my computer to the TV monitor. I know it can be done -- something I will eventually try to figure out.

I too like the comfort of my sofa. I spend enough time sitting in this chair in front of the computer screen.

Maybe I can get a laptop and if I set it close to me, then I should be able to see it well enough.

Georgene Huggett
APQS Sales, Service, Education
Poquoson, Virginia
http://www.GeorgeneQuilts.com
APQS Millennium with Quilt Path

I'm disappointed also. I use to watch SQ as well as other crafting shows - well have them on in the background & catch tidbits here & there. I use to have SQ on in the morning while I had breakfast & did a little hand work or knitting in the morning. As soon as it was done, I was off to the studio for the day. I hate to say it, but it's just not the same now. This week, I just slammed down some tea & headed out to the studio, no gearing up for the day, no reflection on what I had going for the day/week while listening to SQ - :(

I do have DIY, but I'm ticked off their shows are on in the middle of my day. I never get to watching any of that. That goes for all of their crafting shows. They are mainly on between 10:00 - 2:00 here. That's a huge interruption in my work day, so I will probably miss them.

I honestly thought that they might replace both SQ & Carol Duvall with new crafting/quilting shows, but nope - totally home shows now.

I don't even turn on HGTV anymore in the morning. I bet it's been since Friday that I've had it on at all.

I'm going to sign up for The Quilt Show, but usually if I'm on the computer I am working so I have a hard time sitting & watching a show. We'll see how that goes. I hope we can watch the episodes over & over. That would help.

I'm bummed.

Jessica Schick

Digi-Tech Designs, llc

www.digitechpatterns.com ~Digital, Paper, & Embroidery Quilting patterns

~APQS, Quilt Path, & Intelliquilter Sales, Service, & Education

I am going to miss SQ too...like many, that is how I got into quilting in the first place. I had wanted to quilt since I was a child, but no one to teach me. Then SQ came along and I was hooked. I have signed up for the freebie on The Quilt Show, but I still have a day to decide if I want to pay for it. I really don't want to be on the computer all the time. Maybe if I didn't have to work part-time and keep up with my house, cooking, and quilting I would do it....the jury is still out and time is running out to get the great price. It was so much easier with SQ because I could eat breakfast while watching it, then off to work. Such decisions!!

Mary Beth